Off to Spain in a couple of weeks.....

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Chunkychops

Off to Spain in a couple of weeks.....

Post by Chunkychops »

I am leaving from Poole to Cherbourg on the 24th. I would be good to meet anyone from here. Unlike my previous trips to Spain and around Europe last year, I have mapped the route on the computer using Google Maps and Google Earth and exported to the Tomtom. (http://www.motogoloco.com/) so hopefully I will enjoy the scenery instead to trying to figure where the hell I am. Will be camping wherever I end up at 5 or 6. I hoping to get to Spain in about 5 days to meet the family there.
This is my route:
https://www.motogoloco.com/map?route=23712&key=72362d78
and the return journey:
https://www.motogoloco.com/map?route=23702&key=b478e5ba

the .kml files you can open with Google Earth
Attachments

[The extension kml has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension kml has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Tramp

Re: Off to Spain in a couple of weeks.....

Post by Tramp »

Pack light as its friggin hot abroad now....and have a a great time wherever you end up is better than working..

Getting lost is part of the adventure sometimes....
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

South of Paris, that's a good route down to Spain (thumbs). We did pretty much that route last month. The A75 over the Milau Bridge and onwards to Carcassonne is superb, if you like a bit of high speed jinks :blush: . And the route across the Pyrenees is scenic, we went through Mont Louis...not sure if that's on your map? but it's near.
In Spain we also went pretty much the same way...Tremp (just off your route) Lieda, Alcaniz, Teruel, etc...fantastic roads! (thumbs) B)

p.s. Teruel was well worth a visit.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Chunkychops

Post by Chunkychops »

Tramp wrote:Pack light as its friggin hot abroad now....and have a a great time wherever you end up is better than working..

Getting lost is part of the adventure sometimes....
I nearly boiled alive last year in that neck of the woods last year. I have slightly better kit this year including a mesh jacket and gloves
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

you will be passing quite close to Simon (Spanishbiker), go have a brew with him (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Chunky,
I am too far west off your route, but if you have a change of plan and direction, you are welcome to call in (thumbs)

Sarge
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

I live down in Murcia and it's absolutely bloody roasting at the moment. I've also ridden down from Zaragoza to Mazarron a day ago and the heat was stifling even with lightweight gear on so make sure you carry plenty of water with you in case you breakdown or just get knackered.

I see you're heading for the El Valle golf resort...... Played there a few weeks ago, great place!
Chunkychops

Post by Chunkychops »

Lairyskippy wrote:I live down in Murcia and it's absolutely bloody roasting at the moment. I've also ridden down from Zaragoza to Mazarron a day ago and the heat was stifling even with lightweight gear on so make sure you carry plenty of water with you in case you breakdown or just get knackered.

I see you're heading for the El Valle golf resort...... Played there a few weeks ago, great place!
We have an apartment there and try and make it every year - absolutely love spending time there.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

The Sarge wrote:Chunky,
I am too far west off your route, but if you have a change of plan and direction, you are welcome to call in (thumbs)

Sarge
where abouts are you sarge

steve
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Your route home puts you within 40 minutes of me (north of La Rochelle) happy to meet somewhere for coffee/beer or whatever.
Not all those wandering are lost

Return to “TRAVEL”