Mitas Tyres

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Sopwith Camel

Mitas Tyres

Post by Sopwith Camel »

Simple question, how are those that are using Mitas tyres finding them?
slimbo

Re: Mitas Tyres

Post by slimbo »

apparently si pavey from the bmw off road school is using them , according to him they are there or there about on the road as per tkc's and he thinks they are grippier off road!!!

and a sarf african guy rode top to bottom of africa on a simgle pair and made it!!!

i have looked at them and they do look like they will do the job nicely..
dutyhero a man for all seasons, widows consoled, virgins converted, housewives cuddled, an all round good guy
Sopwith Camel

Post by Sopwith Camel »

I do like the look of them, it was the milage side that was a potential issue. Thanks for the info!
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

which tyres you looking at? presumably the E09? i had the C02 rear on my bike for a year and a half on and off, did two trips to wales on it and my daily commute over winter too... still got life in it but the agressive tread is getting a bit dodgy and squared off. plus until it got warmed up it's motorway behaviour was a bit dodgy... but.. i think the E09's are better behaved. in a nutshell i rate mitas as good cheap tyres
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Alun

Post by Alun »

I got about 3500 out of an E9 on the back but it squared off way before that but then most of that mileage was on motorway. That was on a Triumph Tiger 955 with the off road can, engine re-map and bags of acceleration, it'll probably last longer on a GS 1150 :)

The front, I reckon, is good for another 1000 or more.

Performance is lethal during the early miles and okay when scuffed in. Off road they done everything I asked.
backofbeyond

Post by backofbeyond »

Never used them so I can't comment directly but there is a discussion about the (potential) shortcomings of EO7s over on the Horizons site :

link - EO7 discussion on HU

The ups and downs of 40 years on two wheels

www.pisquicktours.co.uk

Do the best you can, then try to live it down.

CCM604 Honda XR600 Honda CBX1000

Honda 400/4 Yamaha XS2 650 Kawasaki H1 500

Lotus Elan, Land Rover Discovery
Sopwith Camel

Post by Sopwith Camel »

Orlando_Orange wrote:which tyres you looking at?
To be honest i'm not sure which i need?
At the moment i have Battlewings on, i want a mixture of road and light off road such a gravel etc.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Thats easy sopwith..

heidenau k60 scout rear and pirelle mt21 front..covers all eventualities amnd long lasting too.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

I had them fitted to the F800GS which I used for the Off-road skills course at Walters Arena. They were amazing off-road but what suprised me was that during the tarmac ride from Si Pavey's base up to the Arena, they didn't feel that different to the Anakee 2's that I have got on my own bike. We were told to be careful if we hadn't ridden on knobblies before but they were fine to be honest, not as scary as I was expecting .
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

Tramp wrote:Thats easy sopwith..

heidenau k60 scout rear and pirelle mt21 front..covers all eventualities amnd long lasting too.
agree with russ on the k60 rear but would go with something like a metzler karoo on the front - i got a horrible wear pattern on my mt21 front where the two side by side knobs wore under braking but the single knob didn't, leaving a horrible juddery slow speed ride...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750

Return to “TECHNICAL”