Now that's carrying too much gear?

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
devon john

Re: Now that's carrying too much gear?

Post by devon john »

may be that all his possessions and he's a road tramp

john
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

No matter what I do I always end up with more than I expected to take but that's madness :pinch:

I've started packing ready for Wednesday's great departure and 2 panniers, a top box and a hold all is going to be more than enough for me and if I really wanted to I could get away without the hold all and just strap my tent on top of one pannier and the tarp on top of the other one but I want to leave room for cheap smokes on the way home plus most important of all is to be able to carry a few cans of beer on days when I plan to camp (thumbs)

KTM 1190 Adventure panniers are bloody useless because of the cut out for the exhaust. I've got everything I need for cooking plus a few ready meals in there and if I was sure I'd be able to buy the right gas canisters I'd have a lot more space because I've got 2 spares in there plus one in my pan set.

If I turn off all the electrical garbage the bike will pull wheelies with even a sniff of throttle once I've finished loading it :laugh:
BobH

Post by BobH »

Different setup from what I use on the DR, seems not too far away from what he has loaded up. I am dropping some things at my brothers tho. Metal cases do not seem to hold as much as my Magadans tho. Expect there is an art to it which I will soon learn......
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG (76.41 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Hi,on my trips on a Harley Davidson MT350 i carried the bare minimum in the small panniers and two Bergen sidepouches zipped together on the rack. The first few times there were items i didn,t use so i cut them out of the packing list and got really ruthless. I had light weight wild camping gear including Hammock,Basha,groundsheet,petrol stove,cooking gear,sleeping bag,waterproofs,snugpak jacket,bike spares,kettle,Platypus water bladder,head torch,folding saw and a few other bits and pieces. I could do a ten day trip with a very lightly loaded bike.
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

I get fed up unpacking and repacking that lot every day.

I don't know what people find to take. I can manage with a 30 litre gl coyote with the tent strapped on top.
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

BobH wrote:Different setup from what I use on the DR, seems not too far away from what he has loaded up. I am dropping some things at my brothers tho. Metal cases do not seem to hold as much as my Magadans tho. Expect there is an art to it which I will soon learn......
DSCF0002.JPG
Still a lot of kit for a trip to BurgerKing :)
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

Mawsley wrote:Image
Love it :laugh:

Seriously what is he carrying ? enough fuel to get around the world without stopping at petrol station ? :blink:
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

BobH wrote:Different setup from what I use on the DR, seems not too far away from what he has loaded up. I am dropping some things at my brothers tho. Metal cases do not seem to hold as much as my Magadans tho. Expect there is an art to it which I will soon learn......
DSCF0002.JPG
Well sorted bike (thumbs)
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

Might as well use a car! Can anyone really enjoy riding a bike that heavily loaded?
robson

Post by robson »

chrisjk wrote:Might as well use a car! Can anyone really enjoy riding a bike that heavily loaded?
a masochist.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”