Bumot panniers / top box. Anyone using them?

The essential art of farkling.
KTM Deano

Bumot panniers / top box. Anyone using them?

Post by KTM Deano »

I've had a couple of sets of metal luggage on different bikes over the years. Touratech and Metal Mule. Both sets had their pros and cons.

I'm now looking at Bumot. They look well made and are half the price of Metal Mule. Anybody on here using Bumot stuff and if so, what's your opinion?

Thanks
tefflon

Re: Bumot panniers / top box. Anyone using them?

Post by tefflon »

Hi Delano

My mate Steve has just fitted them to his triumph Explourer and I must say they look good and very well made & the locking system is 2nd to none

He is steev68 on the ABR site

Steve
dom501

Post by dom501 »

I fitted them to my 1190 Adventure R, there are good things ang bad I think.

PRO'S

Locking system is excellent.

Panniers are well made, excellent build quality.

After sales service is excellent if bought from Adv bike shop (the only place in the UK I know that sells them).
Lost the small tool box door, Adv Bike Shop sent me one out free of charge with two spare keys.

Handy Tool (storage) Box.

CON'S

The quality of the powder Coating on the pannier frames is crap. The panniers themselves are quite a tight fit and after only 3 months or so the powder coating has started to flake off. I've had the panniers about a year now and this is the only thing that lets them down. As to now I've just resorted to spraying them with touch up paint rather than sending them back.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

Okay thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated. Yes the finish on a few manufacturers pannier frames can be a let down.

If I do go for them I'll go through the Adventure Bike Shop. They seem pretty helpful.
Ourdavid

Post by Ourdavid »

Got the full set on my GS LC the fit is superb as is the quality and you won't have any problems with Adventure Bike Shop, if you do their service is excellent.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

Just out one interest, are you guys running the Bumot panniers with the new quick release system or the original system using pucks (similar to how the Touratech panniers mount)?
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

Hi mate, I agree with the above, although I can't comment on the pannier frames needing painting as mine are fine, but I have only had them fitted since March. The quality of the boxes is fantastic, I have the new quick release system and they work perfectly.Like others have mentioned the fit is tight, but I expect them to loosen a little after a few months of putting them on and off the bike. Overall I'm delighted with them and would highly recommend them, the customer service from from Cliff at the Adventure Bike Shop is second to none. Buy them, you won't be dissappointed.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

Ok that's great. They sound ideal for me. I'll give Cliff a call next week
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Haven`t got the panniers but (thumbs) for adventure bike shop.
Ourdavid

Post by Ourdavid »

New quick release system and new style locks they are the dogs danglies.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”