Bivvy bags

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
AndyB

Re: Bivvy bags

Post by AndyB »

I hate normal air beds because I've yet to find one that doesn't go down a little bit each night and all they do is leave you on a raft of cold air. Closed cell mats are miles warmer or the best thing I've bought is an exped air bed because they've got down in them to insulate you and they don't go down over night.
west coast ratter

Post by west coast ratter »

AndyB wrote:I hate normal air beds because I've yet to find one that doesn't go down a little bit each night and all they do is leave you on a raft of cold air. Closed cell mats are miles warmer or the best thing I've bought is an exped air bed because they've got down in them to insulate you and they don't go down over night.
Yeah hate them too but Ive tried those self inflate mats and the closed cell mats they're not very thick so the airbed is the next best thing .. :S
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

Old Git Ray wrote:
PaulinBont wrote:
I do smile at all these references to 'ex-army bivvy bags'; all we had was a poncho and four bungee straps :whistle:
Me too. :laugh: :laugh:
I completely defer to your greater knowledge about things army. But mine is;

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/ ... 86507.html

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

I do as Bernard does, and have my self inflating mattress & my sleeping bag inside the bivvie bag - I use an ex- Dutch army bag.

Toastie warm - used it in North Wales just last week in the snow :S

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
djl50

Post by djl50 »

Steve T wrote:I do as Bernard does, and have my self inflating mattress & my sleeping bag inside the bivvie bag - I use an ex- Dutch army bag.

Toastie warm - used it in North Wales just last week in the snow :S

Steve T

B)
Is this the one that is hooped at the head end?
djl50

Post by djl50 »

image_2016-05-01.jpeg
image_2016-05-01.jpeg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

We did the Elephant at -16 I had a self inflating mat, WD bivvy bag, 3 season bag, a bag liner, straw on the ground and a hot water bottle, plus gel hand waemers for that 2pm wake up with a cold water bottle. I was roasting! (thumbs)

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”