The Honda Africa twin 1000 , warts and all.

The Things We Ride
moto al

Re: The Honda Africa twin 1000 , warts and all.

Post by moto al »

My bike has just covered 525 miles , yesterday the left hand handle bar select switch has packed up. Great start EH.

.Al
moto al
S4MST3R

Post by S4MST3R »

That was the start of my problems Al, the SET button shortly followed by the down select, and then my DCT related episode at 579 miles
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Moral of the story is never buy a brand new model from any manufacturer. They are never going find all the problems until lots of people start using them in anger, no matter how much testing they do, you are the guinea pig!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

moto al wrote:My bike has just covered 525 miles , yesterday the left hand handle bar select switch has packed up. Great start EH.

.Al
SELL SELL SELL!!!!..only kidding there are bound to be small issues at first...nothing major .just a switch
moto al

Post by moto al »

It's booked in tomorrow Thursday , I'm sure they will sort the problem. Al. Ps I did say warts and all . (thumbs)
moto al
-Ralph-

The Honda Africa twin 1000 , warts and all.

Post by -Ralph- »

Saw my first one in the flesh yesterday, filtering traffic at the Towcester roundabout on the A45/A5 junction roundabout 5pm. It does look good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

We did a couple of days at the Honda off-road centre the other day. I now need to find the money for a new bike. I loved the DCT offroad!!! :pinch: B)

catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Bumped into a guy with a new one with 600 miles going in to my local KTM dealers--he has other bikes. I asked him what he thought of it (it has a termignoni silencer already).He said "all-right--apart from the spokes and rims"--I had a look--the rear spokes had gone completely grey with corrosion and the fronts were going as well--the rims had also started to corrode as had numerous pieces of hardware like brake pipe banjo fittings--the rest of the bike looked clean--I don't think that it had been ridden in really salty conditions, but maybe a slight smattering of salt dust. Apparently its a "common " issue and has been reported under warranty--they don't seem to make them like they used to!
moto al

Post by moto al »

catcitrus wrote:Bumped into a guy with a new one with 600 miles going in to my local KTM dealers--he has other bikes. I asked him what he thought of it (it has a termignoni silencer already).He said "all-right--apart from the spokes and rims"--I had a look--the rear spokes had gone completely grey with corrosion and the fronts were going as well--the rims had also started to corrode as had numerous pieces of hardware like brake pipe banjo fittings--the rest of the bike looked clean--I don't think that it had been ridden in really salty conditions, but maybe a slight smattering of salt dust. Apparently its a "common " issue and has been reported under warranty--they don't seem to make them like they used to!
as posted Iv been out on my Africa twin ,problems so far the traction control doesn't work due to the computer switch not working.my local dealer told me I'm the third person who has had the same prob . I believe Honda know their is an issue .Al (thumbs)
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “BIKES”