EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mawnanian

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Mawnanian »

Redsoul wrote:
Mawnanian wrote:
rlkat wrote:
Redmurty wrote:a thought England votes out< Scotland votes in to trigger a new referendum :whistle: :laugh:

cheers Spud ;)
Just listened to Nicola Sturgeon (unfortunately) on the Andrew Marr programme. She assumes most people in Scotland want to be in the EU and so would want another referendum if the UK left. She bases this on polls and a few people she knows!!!! How arrogant.
What else is she going to base it on? The polls are showing 60% in favour of remaining in the EU?
Would that be the same poll that said it would be impossible for the Conservatives to win a majority at the last election lol.
Polls are to be taken with a very large pinch of salt.
Indeed, and it's early days, but it's all there is to base an opinion on.
misterlaffer

EU. In or out?

Post by misterlaffer »

Mawnanian wrote:
rlkat wrote:
Redmurty wrote:a thought England votes out< Scotland votes in to trigger a new referendum :whistle: :laugh:

cheers Spud ;)
Just listened to Nicola Sturgeon (unfortunately) on the Andrew Marr programme. She assumes most people in Scotland want to be in the EU and so would want another referendum if the UK left. She bases this on polls and a few people she knows!!!! How arrogant.
What else is she going to base it on? The polls are showing 60% in favour of remaining in the EU?
The polls claimed Labour would win last year how wrong they were. The media always plays a big part in trying to influence an outcome. Trouble is, come June 23rd the silent majority will prevail. It's interesting the first thing Cameron has done is suggest that Immigration is the big issue here claiming an OUT won't stop immigrants coming to the UK. Just goes to prove how out of touch he is, he is thinking in terms of the current establishment.

Roll on June 23rd ... Can't wait.
misterlaffer

EU. In or out?

Post by misterlaffer »

-Ralph- wrote:
rlkat wrote:

cheers Spud ;)
She's a dangerous person to have in power. A bigger liar than Alex Salmond and more veracity and arrogance with it to boot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Why all the talk about Nicola Sturgeon ? She assumed most people in Scotland wanted independence from the UK, she was proved wrong there, she's a has-been in politics now. The sooner the scots wake up and get rid of her the better for them. I feel sorry for the majority of scots having to put up with listening to that woman who is more damaging Scotland than anyone in front line politics. It's most probable the Scottish referendum didn't tip in her favour because she wanted to remain in the EU.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

There seems to be a lot of debate about what the Country would loose with the EU should we vote to get out, but the world is large and there is a lot more Countries out there than there are in the EU. All the emerging markets such as the near/middle/far east, India, South America, Australasian Countries, China, and yes, even Russia... Rather than the EU telling us if you want to do business with a particular Country it will cost you this amount to do so, we can decide what it will cost and offer favourable terms that's beneficial to both...

Regarding all those worried about visa's and open borders etc. It's only a matter of time before European Countries impose border checks between EU Countries to help stem the tidal wave of economic immigrants flooding over from North Africa and Syria etc.

The UK pays roughly £12 Billion a year into the EU. That's a lot of money that would be of benefit here and that figure is NET contributions after the rebate is taken into account.

You only have to look at this to see how other EU Countries view the importance of the UK staying in.

http://www.cityam.com/1414168815/eu-bud ... -countries
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
misterlaffer

EU. In or out?

Post by misterlaffer »

Ali in Austria wrote:
misterlaffer wrote:
Absolutely !! Something as basic as I want to buy a German Motorcycle or Car, but have to pay loads more than the French or Germans do because my country expects me to pay 20% VAT. Yeah thanks for passing the EU benefit on.

UK prices are nothing compared to here in Austria.
Exactly my point, thanks. In the words of that old Monty Python sketch.... So exactly what has the EU done for us?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

AndyB wrote:Come on Craig, can't we have an undecided option?
Nobody should waste a vote on undecided. Just don't vote until you decide. ;)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I can't see anything changing the more vocal out camp so what you see (and hear) is what you're going to get from them but there seem to be a lot of people leaning towards voting to stay in but wanting more information before committing themselves.

This vote is so important to the future of not only my generation but for my grandchildren and their children as well that there's no way I'm going to make a final decision yet though if the referendum was tomorrow I'd vote to stay in.

The thing that's swaying me at the moment is having UKIP supporters smiling rather than crying and saying the media had it in for them, it was a hatchet job, postal votes did for them and any other excuse apart from admitting their leader is a clown :)
Bionic Billy Nav

Post by Bionic Billy Nav »

Ali in Austria wrote:
misterlaffer wrote:
Absolutely !! Something as basic as I want to buy a German Motorcycle or Car, but have to pay loads more than the French or Germans do because my country expects me to pay 20% VAT. Yeah thanks for passing the EU benefit on.

UK prices are nothing compared to here in Austria.
I live in Germany and I can 100% say cars are dearer here than in England, I don't where you get your misinformation from?
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

misterlaffer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
rlkat wrote:

cheers Spud ;)
She's a dangerous person to have in power. A bigger liar than Alex Salmond and more veracity and arrogance with it to boot.

Why all the talk about Nicola Sturgeon ? She assumed most people in Scotland wanted independence from the UK, she was proved wrong there, she's a has-been in politics now. The sooner the scots wake up and get rid of her the better for them. I feel sorry for the majority of scots having to put up with listening to that woman who is more damaging Scotland than anyone in front line politics. It's most probable the Scottish referendum didn't tip in her favour because she wanted to remain in the EU.
After the Scottish referendum Scotland returned almost 100% SNPs to Westminster which suggests she has some support in the country.
During the referendum campaign one of the cornerstones of the stay in lobby was that if Scotland separated from the rest of the U.K. It would have to leave the EU so if anything that suggests that the majority wanted to stay in.
Bionic Billy Nav

Post by Bionic Billy Nav »

-Ralph- wrote:
Bionic Billy Nav wrote: all of the good eec human right laws are abolished like the 48 hour working week
Why would any EU laws be abolished?

The UK government would be in charge of UK law and could decide to keep in place what ever EU law they wanted to keep.

Changing border crossings, visas, work permits, laws.....People are talking about that stuff like it's inevitable, but none of it is.

Work permits for EU nationals will only be needed if the government decides they are needed.

Border crossings won't be needed other than the passport checks we already have in and out of the UK.

We'll only need visas to go to other European countries, if those countries governments decide that they want to implement that for UK citizens (unlikely).

Stop making assumptions and/or scaremongering.

Who are you to tell me not to make assumptions? All you have is an opinion just like me based on whatever you feel is personal to you etc. And scaremongering is your lot doing that with your racist stupid ideas, wind your neck in sunshine.

Return to “THE PUB”