Travellers Seeking Travellers

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
jonperry64

Travellers Seeking Travellers

Post by jonperry64 »

I see that the Horizons Unlimited website has a section on the Forum called "Travellers Seeking Travellers". This strikes me as a really good idea. Only thing is that most of the trips people mention there seem to be long trips to far off places like China and South America. Does anyone think it would be useful to have a similar "Category" on the ABR forum - perhaps including more modest trips, e.g., for a week or so to places within Europe?
diggermanbob

Re: Travellers Seeking Travellers

Post by diggermanbob »

Yes I think that woul be a good move.
V_King

Post by V_King »

the nature of the european travelers is being strapped for time and a lot seem to be doing marathons with tight schedule.

but there are hotspots in europe as selvio etc, which a lot seem to be going through. imho it might work of listing weekly travelers agendas for random meets. eg if me and other forum member is passing Prague on second tuesday of June, I would love to meet up and share stories over lunch.
""
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

Well anyone who wants to use this thread for this purpose feel free! I for one wouldn't mind joining others for a trip of a week to 10 days at some point this year. France, Spain, Portugal, UK or wherever, although financial and time constraints do apply! Cheers.
herman

Post by herman »

A grand idea sir. The ABR sticker works well too, we saw one on a BMW in Portugal last year parked up outside a hotel so posted on here and subsequently met sleepy and his lovely wife for a beer. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

Good idea , this will come handy soon (thumbs)
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Well I'll kick it off. I'm off to South East Europe on May 6th returning early June if anyone is in the area and fancies meeting up for a beer or a few days riding together. Going via Germany, Austria, Slovenia Croatia etc and returning via Bulgaria but no firm plans as to dates and places on route just a general direction there and back.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
videoman

Post by videoman »

A great idea as I would be very interested as none of my mates ride anymore and I am usually billy no mates when I go out on my bike. Just packed one of my businesses in so will have plenty of time from now on.
threepot

Post by threepot »

videoman wrote:A great idea as I would be very interested as none of my mates ride anymore and I am usually billy no mates when I go out on my bike. Just packed one of my businesses in so will have plenty of time from now on.
Rub it in why don't you!! :P I would love to take more time out to travel etc. But I'm always in f@#%$&g work :(
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

I think its a cracking idea. It's a good idea to meet other people on this forum as well.
Well I'll add something else. I'm doing a trip for 7 or 8 days in August (dates tbc). I would like to do the Alps, going down through Germany stopping for a couple of nights in Andermatt doing most of the good passes then on to the Stelvio. Coming home through Austria, Germany etc. I will be doing it solo anyway if nobody wants to join. All road riding probably staying in b&b's however I could probably be persuaded to camp if other people were interested.
Let me know.
Cheers
Wayne
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple

Return to “TRAVEL”