Who actually uses their bikes?????

The Things We Ride
prooney377

Who actually uses their bikes?????

Post by prooney377 »

Picked up my bike on the 11th of April with zero miles on the clock and now it has over 3500 miles on it. I was speaking to a mate the other day who couldn't believe i'd done 'so many miles on it'!!! Not being funny but I bought the thing to use and enjoy it. I am not spending a fortune on tax, insurance, finance, chain lube and servicing to look at it through the garage window.......

Is anyone with me on this?
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG (65.27 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
Why? Why not?
Doggo

Re: Who actually uses their bikes?????

Post by Doggo »

Sometimes have to use the car for work. Sometimes use it for convenience (2 locks, cover, leathers, short journeys and not much time). Don't use it for preference. Hate walking past the bike to get to the car.

Doing well over 1000 miles/month on the bike anyway. Wish it was more and it will be.

Four wheels bad. Two wheels better :)
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

When a man is tired of motorcycling, he is tired of life
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Bought the Tiger XC on March 26th and I should be up to around 4,000 miles by the end of this month. I will normally use mine every day for work at the very least. Had to use the car today because my new Metal Mule panniers were arriving (delivered to work) so I had to bring them back in something. Now that i have them I can get rid of the car and the bike will be my only transport. B)
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

Well I didn't buy mine just for an ornament.
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

I bought a ktm 990adv brand new in 2008, did 18500 in the first year.it's sat with 32000 on it now and i've done a further 12000 on a 640adv. The sport bike guys at work just say your bike is worth bugger all and I really don't care if it is. I bought them to ride and i've enjoyed every mile rain or shine
lmg

Post by lmg »

I do about 20,000 miles per year. Im doing a long weekend in Scotland next week (2,000 miles), week after im off to the Austrian Alps (3500miles), and a week after I return from that trip im off to the USA for a 4500miles trip. I have 4 bikes and use them all. I dont like my car :evil:
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

I use my bike for fun, trips and general wandering around. However for motorway use etc and rubbish weather I prefer the car for sure. I cant think of anything more boring than sat on a straight road on a bike in the rain. Im not a fair weather rider but certainly prefer the dry twisties on my bike. I think it also depends on your location if you use the bike as much plus what job you do of course.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Don`t own a car, don`t have to commute but do 1000 miles a month for fun.
Of course when it comes time to trade in you get bugger all because of the "high" mileage!!!
Don`t know how you can own a bike and not use it, but maybe that`s just me.

Took a kicking on GSer forum for saying such things so each to their own I suppose.

Just can`t believe the mileage on some BMW GS1200`s, I seen 3 year old models, fully loaded with 6000 miles on them!!
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Im racking up the milleage about a K a month and the bike just gets better and better, or am I just getting used to it, either way it's all good. We have sold one car so we are now a one car family, I use the bike. I think there's a ground swell of bikers who are proud of their mileage on their bikes. cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

My quick answer would be

not enough, although my local dealer couldn't believe I had so many miles clocked so it must the normal trend to have a bike parked up.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Return to “BIKES”