Husqvarna 701 thread

The Things We Ride
btiratsoo

Re: Husqvarna 701 thread

Post by btiratsoo »

How are you guys getting on with your 701s? I feel an itch that might need to be scratched.

Ben
Mull

Post by Mull »

I'm about half way through the run in Ben,finding it hard to get out on it at moment as I always seem to be at work and when I do get time the good old northern England weather keeps me at bay with ice and storm force winds!!!
But I have been putting road miles on it and it feels like a good bike,very comfy seat,good on fuel although i'm keeping it very sedate during run in,so overall very pleased.
If you've got an itch,scratch it.....you'll never know unless you try!!!
GB

Husqvarna 701 thread

Post by GB »

Just finished my 600miles, had first service. Absolutely loving it!
Finally back on a GS :D
btiratsoo

Post by btiratsoo »

How do you find it on the road? I have a 990 at the moment - great on the road, great off road except when it wet slush on hard pack when it behaves like a boat. I love it and can throw it about off road but want something lighter.

Instead of an exc/ exc-f/ fe/ te i'm considering the 701 as it could be, to me, the best of both worlds. Lightweight and nimble off road, easy to plod along for the daily commute (18 mile round trip).
Mull

Post by Mull »

I think everyone will have their own opinions on different bikes Ben,I like the 701 on the road but I'm comparing it to the xchallenge which was also good on the road,although to me the 701 has a slightly better seat but will it be better than your 990? Only you can decide that.
Try and get a demo ride on the 701 enduro/supermoto or a ktm 690 as it is very similar and decide if it will do a better job for you.
I hope that helps.
GB

Husqvarna 701 thread

Post by GB »

I also have come from a xchallenge, different league to be honest. Seat is more comfortable than any BMW I have owned.
Mathieu.desjardins

Post by Mathieu.desjardins »

Hey guys, I've been looking at the 701 for a bit a it seems like a really nice bike. 1 question, why is your seat both black? The pictures I have been seeing, the seat matches the bike colors... Also you guys are saying the seat is really comfortable, is it the same as the original one? I read that the seat on the 501 is not really comfortable.

Anyways, nice bikes guys, Cheers!
GB

Post by GB »

The first run of enduros came with a black seat, the coloured seat is to follow, should be this month, so owners of early bikes will end up with two seats.
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

johnnyboxer wrote:...Which dealer did you use?
Husky Sales guy is a mates son. Tells me they have dealers in Keighly (Colin Appleyards) and Kendal
Toe

Post by Toe »

Interesting shape at the front of the seat going that far forward on each side. Is that to help grip when standing or something?
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “BIKES”