ABR Challenge 2016

Brenhden

Re: ABR Challenge 2016

Post by Brenhden »

Well up for this :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Alun

Post by Alun »

5. I suggest a locked topic is setup in the ABR Challenge 2016 folder with the banner artwork and instruction on how to post it into signatures.
6. Maybe the magazine can award the winning rider with some ABR merchandising? Although the reward is the taking part

Great idea and well done for the initiative and effort

Charlie, our designer, is working on point 5 now and we'll post up the signature graphics when complete.

More than happy to offer up some ABR merchandice to the winner – more about that soon.
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

(thumbs) great idea. I'm in for the Ireland section.

I think completing the Ireland leg though should have an island bonus though. :whistle:

Sioux getting a ferry and taking time of work we loose about 75% of the points.

What I propose is any resident of Ireland / Northern Ireland who completes the Irish section should then have it presumed that they also completed the English, Welsh and Scottish legs of the trip for a clean sweep across the board. (thumbs)

I'm only messing though. It's a great idea (thumbs)
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
Erogenous Jones

Post by Erogenous Jones »

I am up for the Welsh, much of England and hopefully a few in Scotland section. Great idea, incidentally. Won't take much to persuade my wife to hop on her bike and ride them too.
Roadsey

Post by Roadsey »

Great Idea, I usually look for Castles or Abbies,went out on solo rides, So if someone can elaborate on the rules,timescale,and are these the specific Castles to visit,I'm in, or is it the more Castles means more points.
Multirider

Post by Multirider »

I am going do the RBR as usual, lots of these well fit in too - result!
The only thing the blues is afraid of is the pipes........

BMW G650GS

Suzuki DRZ400E

Jeep Cherokee 3.7 petrol

Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet - It's Summer!
Poweller

Post by Poweller »

Fantastic idea I'm in, will def do the Wales side very soon..!
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

Thanks for the positive responses (thumbs)
Roadsey wrote:Great Idea, I usually look for Castles or Abbies,went out on solo rides, So if someone can elaborate on the rules,timescale,and are these the specific Castles to visit,I'm in, or is it the more Castles means more points.
It's the ABR Challenge 2016, so any picture posted between now and New Years Eve counts.
Yes just this list. I'm sure everyone can think of some castle being better than such as such castle, but that's a slippery slope as far as deciding on a list and organising the challenge. I deliberately picked what I think is an even spread across the country to give people a chance to participate wherever they live and try and please most people.
By all means visit other castles, but no more points sorry, as that will make it easier for some and harder for others.
They can be visited at any time before NYE and in any order.
Bored? Fancy an excuse for a ride? Go and visit one castle on one day. No problem.
Not been to Ireland (for example) and fancy building all 10 into a tour? No problem.
Going on an ABR rally or tour with some mates and can pick a castle or two on route? No problem.
Want to get away for the weekend, and can string together a few visits and a camping trip? No problem.
Visit as many or as few as you fancy, it's an excuse to go for a ride solo or together, and to post up your pictures to share with other people.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Here's a link to the signatures

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... tures.html

Here's a sample

abrcastles.jpg
abrcastles.jpg (12.28 KiB) Viewed 8101 times
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Good idea. I'm in.

Ralph, don't think the intention is you do each entire country in one go. Pick and choose as you please. Make your own way. Do as many, or as little, as you like.

PS - What is this RBR thing?

Return to β€œABR Challenge 2016”