Ktm 690r Husky 701

The Things We Ride
Mike54

Re: Ktm 690r Husky 701

Post by Mike54 »

felco wrote:
The selling point on Husqvarna is the suspension,the sales on huskys enduro bikes is that there better than ktms?
the six day special editions ktms are more like the huskys.
Its the only difference!
Suspension on all the enduro KTMs and the Huskies is all WP. Front is either OC OR 4CS depending on model. Rear is PDS (ktm) or linkage (Husky) The only difference is the rear linkage which some prefer but it's personal preference only, it is not "better" than PDS but both are still WP and the rear shock body is virtually the same, there is no quality difference.
felco

Post by felco »

Mike54 wrote:
felco wrote:
The selling point on Husqvarna is the suspension,the sales on huskys enduro bikes is that there better than ktms?
the six day special editions ktms are more like the huskys.
Its the only difference!
Suspension on all the enduro KTMs and the Huskies is all WP. Front is either OC OR 4CS depending on model. Rear is PDS (ktm) or linkage (Husky) The only difference is the rear linkage which some prefer but it's personal preference only, it is not "better" than PDS but both are still WP and the rear shock body is virtually the same, there is no quality difference.
Cheers Mike, my preference is linkage, its something I didn't like about ktm , (not the 690 obviously) and I think is the main difference in the bikes, ktms allways seem to be kicking you up the arse on bump after bump type terrain, just my veiw obviously, it obviously isn't a bad set up as there success in racing says it all. Like you say personal preference.
GB

Post by GB »

Well after a lot of thought, and a near death experience two years ago, I have decided you only here for a good time and not a long time and taken the plunge and ordered a 701.
I might have maken a mistake, who knows, but will I regret it, hell know.
Finally back on a GS :D
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

great (thumbs) it looks awsome with that nose fairing on ..lloking forward to your r/r/ congrats lovley bike i reacon B)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
dave_ac

Post by dave_ac »

Mull

Post by Mull »

Hello all,I've been following this thread for a while now from the outside but have now signed up to tell you all I have decided to buy the new 701 as I like to take a gamble now and then and I think it should be a good replacement for my old but faithfull servant that is my xchallenge.I should have the 701 in a week or two so hopefully keep you updated.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Welcome.
Lovely bike. I've had a 690r and an Xchallenge. You'll be chuffed with your new bike.
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

Congratulations to the two of you. I'm a fan of the 'go anywhere' ability of the KTM 690R and if Husqvarna are emphasising the adventure touring element that KTM has ignored with the 690 it's a great move.

For what it's worth, when it was new I moved my 690 engine setting to 'soft off road' mode and never bothered to move it back as there's so much power available.
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase
GB

Husky 701

Post by GB »

Thanks Tim, mine (mine and the demo they have lent me until mine is registered) are on standard map at the moment, cant imagine what advanced would be like :woohoo:
Finally back on a GS :D

Return to “BIKES”