Africa twin

The Things We Ride
Redmurty

Africa twin

Post by Redmurty »

is it true there are production problems with the new bike delaying release, ABS problem I hear ?

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
GB

Africa twin

Post by GB »

Where did you hear that spud?
Finally back on a GS :D
Redmurty

Re: Africa twin

Post by Redmurty »

a New Zealand bike site mate guy stating that Honda had been in touch with him putting his delivery date back to the extent he cancelled his order

cheers Spud ;)

GB

Africa twin

Post by GB »

Googled but couldn't find nothing specific
Finally back on a GS :D
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Considering the amount that are being ordered I think there would be a lot more than 1 person in New Zealand complaining. Its probably a local dealer blaming Honda when he cant deliver.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Very disappointed! I pre ordered a new Africa Twin end of September, Honda NZ told the dealers if we pay deposits we will get a shipment late December, I then got a call early December saying it has been delayed until January. I got the call today saying Honda Is having production issues with the ABS model and shipment has been delayed until late March meaning it will only be here April! Bugger that, I'm getting my deposit back and buying a new KTM 1190 Adventure R!

that's his post mate

cheers Spud ;)

CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Redmurty wrote:Very disappointed! I pre ordered a new Africa Twin end of September, Honda NZ told the dealers if we pay deposits we will get a shipment late December, I then got a call early December saying it has been delayed until January. I got the call today saying Honda Is having production issues with the ABS model and shipment has been delayed until late March meaning it will only be here April! Bugger that, I'm getting my deposit back and buying a new KTM 1190 Adventure R!

that's his post mate

cheers Spud ;)
Sounds more like his dealer promised delivery before he knew the launch date and is now trying to make excuses to make up for it. (thumbs)
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

I heard rumour of delay until March at the bike show recently. I was told for what reason but won't mention it in case it is completely wrong. Proof will be in the pudding.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Considering the amount that are being ordered I think there would be a lot more than 1 person in New Zealand complaining. Its probably a local dealer blaming Honda when he cant deliver.
I wouldn't think that a business with so much invested would make an excuse up like that......the damage it could do.
More likely malicious forum posting or a punter that can't afford/never had any intention of buying coming up with an excuse to get out of the purchase.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

We'll know soon enough.

I hope it's wrong if only for the sake of all the people that have placed deposits on the bikes but as far as Honda getting a kicking is concerned I really don't care.

Return to “BIKES”