Another of my pet hates!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
scubabiker

Re: Another of my pet hates!

Post by scubabiker »

somer people do have invisible illnesses, i have a blue badge and a wheelchair, yet i ride a motorcycle, would you treat me the same way?
let me tell you a little about maybe 5 minutes of my life:
my joints hurt, all the time. its something i am born with and something i will die from
my joints dislocate, easily and a lot, several times a day.
for me it hurts to walk and to stand, yet i choose to do so.
i have had 3 bloodclots in major arteries in 5 years (well dissections)
i am at hign risk of stroke
i am at high risk of heart attack
i have a huge likely to have an internal organ rupture for no reason
do you see any of these problems? nope. (ok i do limp slightly because of my knees)
but yeah back to my point, some people dont have visible disabilities, but i guess also some people abuse their own..... (i have a condition called vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome if you were wondering)
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

I stopped at a motorway services a while ago and found someone had parked their car in the bike parking, I pointed it out and was told he was waiting for his wife, who'd gone to the loo and will be out in a few minutes. So I parked my bike right behind him, totally blocking him in, and said I was going for a coffee and will be back in 30 mins. I sat in the window of the coffee shop to watch him and he couldn't move until I returned. He was not happy when I got back!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Everyday rules are broken , folks die or are killed...life is short...make the most of it you could be next.

To many do gooders in this world.procastinating about nothing....

Im.off out for a ride in the sun if thats okay....
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Tramp wrote:Everyday rules are broken , folks die or are killed...life is short...make the most of it you could be next.

To many do gooders in this world.procastinating about nothing....

Im.off out for a ride in the sun if thats okay....
Russ, please complete the appropriate Risk Assessments forms and put on PPE before you leave. During your ride, conformance to the Highway Code is obligatory. Upon your return, please complete the Safety Debrief form in triplicate! (thumbs) ;)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ah fuck that ive just ridden across sailsbury plain with red flags out and bom bom evertwhere even squaddies past me and waved....

Does this class me as suicial , stupid or living life dangerously....
Kyzzy

Post by Kyzzy »

Seriously inconsiderate! Hate it when people do that! I'd have told them off too! (thumbs)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

There is a flip side to this pet hate. Disabled people taking advantage of the system, and lending badges to friends and family to use like a VIP parking permit. :angry:
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

AndyB wrote:
ipswichbiker wrote:How about people parking in parent and child parking spaces with no children. With a newborn of 13 weeks this is annoying. If feel like saying their child seems rather small... so small you cant even see them.
I've argued (really!) about this before with people who say that having young children shouldn't mean you get a wider parking slot but they wouldn't say that if a small child opened a car door a bit too hard and dented their car let alone if they had to retrieve a baby from a car when you've only got 18" of space if you're lucky.
I dont have a problem with shops providing mother and toddler bays...but why do they need to be closer to the shops than anyone else..people abuse them because they a re always closest to the shops...of course of shops made the bays a decent size to accomodate modern cars and bigger doors then they wouldnt be needed..

PS disabled spaces in private car parks at shops and hotels have no legal basis to be enforced...
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

CRAIGREVO wrote:There is a flip side to this pet hate. Disabled people taking advantage of the system, and lending badges to friends and family to use like a VIP parking permit. :angry:
The latest scandal here is families carrying on with the disabled badge/space long after said driver is deceased!
scubabiker wrote:somer people do have invisible illnesses, i have a blue badge and a wheelchair, yet i ride a motorcycle, would you treat me the same way? (i have a condition called vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome if you were wondering)
Hi matey, Andy wasn't suggesting that the abusers didn't necessarily have any disability just because he didn't see evidence - but they didn't have the badge and were therefore depriving of people in your position of the help you undoubtedly deserve - that's what his 'pet hate' is. He's actually on your side!

Regs

Simon

EDIT: one of his pet hates :whistle:
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

CRAIGREVO wrote:There is a flip side to this pet hate. Disabled people taking advantage of the system, and lending badges to friends and family to use like a VIP parking permit. :angry:
If they do that then they should lose them.

My parents recently gave up their car because they're too old to be safe and they posted the badge back. I now need to see if I can squeeze some extra power out of my mothers mobility scooter because she thinks it's a bit slow :pinch:

Return to “THE PUB”