ccm450

The Things We Ride
CRAIGREVO

Re: ccm450

Post by CRAIGREVO »

micksea wrote:When I was looking at cush drive options IIRC the cush drive hub alone (no rim or spokes) from somewhere like talon was £550,just offering a perspective on the cost of the option from ccm
I'm not saying the cush drive isn't a good buy espeacialy as a built up wheel. But he doesnt need 2 rear wheels yet he will be paying for 2. (thumbs)

And the chances are if you didnt recognize that fact you would leave the factory with one wheel having payed for two.
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
micksea wrote:When I was looking at cush drive options IIRC the cush drive hub alone (no rim or spokes) from somewhere like talon was £550,just offering a perspective on the cost of the option from ccm
I'm not saying the cush drive isn't a good buy espeacialy as a built up wheel. But he doesnt need 2 rear wheels yet he will be paying for 2. (thumbs)

And the chances are if you didnt recognize that fact you would leave the factory with one wheel having payed for two.
I'm sure it's the over cost for supplying the bike with a cush drive hub rear wheel instead of a non-cush drive wheel. When you order heated grips as a factory option they don't give you non-heated grips ?

Hope that helps
Jon
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Tourist-Biker wrote:
I'm sure it's the over cost for supplying the bike with a cush drive hub rear wheel instead of a non-cush drive wheel. When you order heated grips as a factory option they don't give you non-heated grips ?

Hope that helps
Jon
Ducati give you the original grips if you order heated ones on the bike from new. I've still got a set of Multistrada ones that I offered on a Ducati forum for postage only and nobody wanted them.
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

AndyB wrote:
Tourist-Biker wrote:

Hope that helps
Jon
Ducati give you the original grips if you order heated ones on the bike from new. I've still got a set of Multistrada ones that I offered on a Ducati forum for postage only and nobody wanted them.
Cool didn't know that maybe you do get the non-cush drive wheel then with the ccm ?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Tourist-Biker wrote:
AndyB wrote:
Tourist-Biker wrote:

Hope that helps
Jon
Cool didn't know that maybe you do get the non-cush drive wheel then with the ccm ?
If they charge the same price for it as a factory add on from new as they sell them for as an after sales part then they'd have to or they'd have some very moody customers.

Many years ago I paid full price for a set of different tyres fitted from new on a bike I bought and when I went to collect it they couldn't find the original tyres. The cost of a set of standard tyres was deducted from the purchase price because I told them they could keep the bike until they either gave me the tyres or knocked off the cost of them.

It's not easy when your new bike is sitting waiting to be ridden away and you need to put your foot down and tell them you'll be leaving without it if they don't sort their act out.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

AndyB wrote:
Tourist-Biker wrote:
AndyB wrote:
Tourist-Biker wrote:

Hope that helps
Jon
If they charge the same price for it as a factory add on from new as they sell them for as an after sales part then they'd have to or they'd have some very moody customers.

Many years ago I paid full price for a set of different tyres fitted from new on a bike I bought and when I went to collect it they couldn't find the original tyres. The cost of a set of standard tyres was deducted from the purchase price because I told them they could keep the bike until they either gave me the tyres or knocked off the cost of them.

It's not easy when your new bike is sitting waiting to be ridden away and you need to put your foot down and tell them you'll be leaving without it if they don't sort their act out.
That happens to so many people! they forget that they have already paid for the brand new tyres that should have been on the bike. (thumbs) Same with exhausts.
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

I really can't see anyone leaving tyres or exhausts behind :laugh: but only if you paid the over cost to upgrade ( they have taken of the cost of the standard ones off )

So what your saying is you can buy a complete wheel with Cush drive hub for £550 form ccm ? If so of course you should have the standard wheel. But if it's an over cost then not :)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I spent too much time on the CCM stand today and was interested in the little tweaks that the bike has been having since I test rode one earlier in the year. It may be that the appalling vibes I found have been tamed enough to be acceptable to me now...! I have arranged to go and have another test ride on one of the new test fleet Bikes ;)

The cush drive is going out on the majority of Bikes and it sounded to me as if this will be the norm before long. The WP forks looked very nice I thought B)
micksea

Post by micksea »

A complete wheel with cush drive will cost between £800 and £1100 depending on which spokes and rim you specify,so in essence ccm are fitting a cush drive wheel and giving you between £300 and £600 for your standard wheel...in theory
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

micksea wrote:A complete wheel with cush drive will cost between £800 and £1100 depending on which spokes and rim you specify,so in essence ccm are fitting a cush drive wheel and giving you between £300 and £600 for your standard wheel...in theory

I may be reading this wrong but Jonny 955 says hes owned 2 ccms for the last 11 months and has just purchased the new cush drives to fit to them for the option price of £500. :huh:

CRAIGREVO wrote:
jonny955 wrote:I love 'em.

Beleive the 40-ish BHP in standard trim can be upped to 52 BHP with a plug-in dongle but I've found 40 enough, even touring. You feel incredibly connected to the bike and it reacts very well to any input, due to both the gearing and weight.

I have the cush drive ready to fit to mine & the Mrs' bikes. A well made piece of kit and includes a complete wheel with hub/spacers etc. We have become more accustomed to the way it rides in non-cush mode over the last 11 months of ownership but I reckon this is a worthwhile upgrade.

Engine is a peach. Hasn't burnt any oil, needs only 4th & 5th on the open road and shows it's competition heretige when you give it some revs.

They are not for everone but they are a refreshing antidote to the current lust for CC and power over real world usability.

I hope your test ride goes well.

Jon
So its £500 for the whole wheel with cush drive?
jonny955 wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote: So its £500 for the whole wheel with cush drive?
Yes, a complete new wheel with cush drive hub, rubbers and spacers.

Regards,

Jon

Return to “BIKES”