ccm450

The Things We Ride
[email protected]

Re: ccm450

Post by [email protected] »

Mike54 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:I've fitted a non-cush drive hub to my XT660R and to be honest I really struggle to notice the difference.

Maybe it breaks loose on wet roads a little easier? and possibly when the XT 'splutter' happens it jerks the bike a little, but it isn't that noticeable.
You as rider are unlikely to notice, its the transmission which notices.
So, what is the risk with the transmission, is it that there are extra strains put on it which risks some failure? If so, what's likely to give; chain? Sprocket wear? Gearbox bearings?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

jonny955 wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote: So its £500 for the whole wheel with cush drive?
Yes, a complete new wheel with cush drive hub, rubbers and spacers.

Regards,

Jon
In that case if he is buying the bike with the cush drive fitted surly it should be substantially cheaper? He is paying base price for the standard bike that should include a rear wheel. Then £500 for the cush drive option. But he will only have one rear wheel :huh:
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
jonny955 wrote:

Regards,

Jon
In that case if he is buying the bike with the cush drive fitted surly it should be substantially cheaper? He is paying base price for the standard bike that should include a rear wheel. Then £500 for the cush drive option. But he will only have one rear wheel :huh:
Maybe so, but if the buyer is happy with the deal..........
roberteagle6

Post by roberteagle6 »

Hi Guys, thanks for the positive comments and info re the cush drive. My understanding/thoughts (I am no mechanic) was that it would reduce stress or wear and tear on gears, chain, sprocket etc - softer uptake. I was shocked at the price and will do some negotiation before handing over the dosh. What do you think a standard rear wheel replacement would be ? as it stands I do seem to be paying for 2 rear wheels !
With regard to the adjustable pre-load, what exactly would this add ? I weigh just over 10st, so I assume the suspension will not be stressed in anyway.
micksea

Post by micksea »

It's my understanding that the constant slackening and tightening of the chain when closing,opening the throttle and changing gear causes the cogs in the gearbox to slam against each other,cracking and eventually breaking up the hardened surface of the cogs.the cushion drive helps to ease this slamming together of the cogs
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ask them ccm what weight range the rear spring is ....std ccm644 is around a max 90kg guy...all preload does is adjust ride height. Hence folks add preload when using pillions or luggage...

My 644 has no cush drive as have all ccm models and theyve done huge mileage....depends how long you own bike oe how hard you ride it as too...chain and sprocket abuse etc...

Ask them for a tub of loctite for bolts...they are a genuine nice bike
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

A non cush rear wheel will set you back around £300 from somewhere like SM pro.
johnnyboxer

ccm450

Post by johnnyboxer »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
jonny955 wrote:

Regards,

Jon
Perhaps he could get 2 rear wheels for the £500
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
micksea

Post by micksea »

When I was looking at cush drive options IIRC the cush drive hub alone (no rim or spokes) from somewhere like talon was £550,just offering a perspective on the cost of the option from ccm
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

micksea wrote:When I was looking at cush drive options IIRC the cush drive hub alone (no rim or spokes) from somewhere like talon was £550,just offering a perspective on the cost of the option from ccm
Dear god! When I got my DR350 it came with spare wheels with a cush hub! I'm sat on a fortune!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “BIKES”