Secret Santa

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
vRSG60

Secret Santa

Post by vRSG60 »

Yes it's that time of year. Only problem is the memo I've just received at work states that this year it will be mandatory and the amount we are to spend will be £25. This will be reimbursed in our wage, minus the tax!
Now I'm struggling to think of items to buy members of my family let alone people I don't like and my reply to the email has been that I have no intention of participating.

yes I'm a miserable twat!
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
AndyB

Re: Secret Santa

Post by AndyB »

My wife always buys a secret santa gift and I never have understood the reasoning behind it :unsure:

I'm such a miserable bastard that I refuse to go to our company xmas dinner where they pay for the hotel, meal and all booze for the two of us because there are people I work with that I have to be paid to be in the same place as them (thumbs)
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

If you get the money back in your wages I'd be off down Ann Summers with the cash in hand :whistle: That'd brighten up the day of Barry in Accounts hahaha

Harv
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

AndyB wrote:My wife always buys a secret santa gift and I never have understood the reasoning behind it :unsure:

I'm such a miserable bastard that I refuse to go to our company xmas dinner where they pay for the hotel, meal and all booze for the two of us because there are people I work with that I have to be paid to be in the same place as them (thumbs)
Funnily enough I'm not going to works Christmas do for exactly the same reason (thumbs)
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

There are many advantages to being self employed!
outrunner

Post by outrunner »

MarkN wrote:There are many advantages to being self employed!
Or retired. :)

Andy.
Grumpy auld man.
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

Surely nobody buys secret Santa gifts, I thought it was how you got rid the unwanted tat you've had lying around.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

HarveyCamm wrote:If you get the money back in your wages I'd be off down Ann Summers with the cash in hand :whistle: That'd brighten up the day of Barry in Accounts hahaha

Harv
Now that`s a good idea (thumbs) if it was compulsory that`s what I would do (thumbs)
been asked but declined ;)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

One year I got a secret Santa gift for a admin lady from Anne Summers (chocolate massage oil). At the Xmas party my buddy pulled her and got to use it on her!

You do sound a bit miserable. I wish my business would invite our other half's along. I have five work xmas dos this year and none of them include partners, they all include hangovers though.

Secret Santa is a bit of fun, giving away old tat from last year is pretty normal. But its more fun to go buy something completely weird and amusing. Especially if you get reimbursed (minus tax). So I guess you will be about eight quid out of pocket but you will get something in return. It might be a great gift, or some old tat. Life is like a box of chocolates ;)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

outrunner wrote:
MarkN wrote:There are many advantages to being self employed!
Or retired. :)

Andy.
Or both! (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “THE PUB”