ccm450

The Things We Ride
minkyhead

Re: ccm450

Post by minkyhead »

hi bob ..nice to meet you last week ...chilly want it :evil:
...see how your ride goes ..you will deffo think your on a saturn 5 rocket after the crf thugh

if you want any info about the ccm send me a pm and ill ring you whats hot and whats not ..mine has taken me places and been really really good fun ..it will take a knock and importantly has never let me down (thumbs)

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

They can still be put back to 55 or so hp but don't quote me exactly on the figures
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

KtmRy wrote:They can still be put back to 55 or so hp but don't quote me exactly on the figures
steady on ry i cant cope with 42 :laugh: :laugh:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
nug800

Post by nug800 »

Great bike. Wrung the nuts of a couple of test bikes & recommend the cush drive if you do any mileage on the road. Makes it much more civilised & will no doubt help preserve the transmission.
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

I love 'em.

Beleive the 40-ish BHP in standard trim can be upped to 52 BHP with a plug-in dongle but I've found 40 enough, even touring. You feel incredibly connected to the bike and it reacts very well to any input, due to both the gearing and weight.

I have the cush drive ready to fit to mine & the Mrs' bikes. A well made piece of kit and includes a complete wheel with hub/spacers etc. We have become more accustomed to the way it rides in non-cush mode over the last 11 months of ownership but I reckon this is a worthwhile upgrade.

Engine is a peach. Hasn't burnt any oil, needs only 4th & 5th on the open road and shows it's competition heretige when you give it some revs.

They are not for everone but they are a refreshing antidote to the current lust for CC and power over real world usability.

I hope your test ride goes well.

Jon
scoobydidler

ccm450

Post by scoobydidler »

Well done Bob, i can see you on the ccm, cracking tool for the job.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

jonny955 wrote:I love 'em.

Beleive the 40-ish BHP in standard trim can be upped to 52 BHP with a plug-in dongle but I've found 40 enough, even touring. You feel incredibly connected to the bike and it reacts very well to any input, due to both the gearing and weight.

I have the cush drive ready to fit to mine & the Mrs' bikes. A well made piece of kit and includes a complete wheel with hub/spacers etc. We have become more accustomed to the way it rides in non-cush mode over the last 11 months of ownership but I reckon this is a worthwhile upgrade.

Engine is a peach. Hasn't burnt any oil, needs only 4th & 5th on the open road and shows it's competition heretige when you give it some revs.

They are not for everone but they are a refreshing antidote to the current lust for CC and power over real world usability.

I hope your test ride goes well.

Jon
So its £500 for the whole wheel with cush drive?
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I've fitted a non-cush drive hub to my XT660R and to be honest I really struggle to notice the difference.

Maybe it breaks loose on wet roads a little easier? and possibly when the XT 'splutter' happens it jerks the bike a little, but it isn't that noticeable.
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

CRAIGREVO wrote: So its £500 for the whole wheel with cush drive?
Yes, a complete new wheel with cush drive hub, rubbers and spacers.

Regards,

Jon
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

[email protected] wrote:I've fitted a non-cush drive hub to my XT660R and to be honest I really struggle to notice the difference.

Maybe it breaks loose on wet roads a little easier? and possibly when the XT 'splutter' happens it jerks the bike a little, but it isn't that noticeable.
You as rider are unlikely to notice, its the transmission which notices.

Return to “BIKES”