ccm450

The Things We Ride
roberteagle6

ccm450

Post by roberteagle6 »

Hi Guys, have sort of taken the plunge and placed a deposit subject to test ride. Riding
CRF250L and BMW G650GS Sertao currently. CRF would like more power - Sertao heavy at 190k.
So, am considering cush drive at extra cost of £500, any thoughts on this- worth doing or waste of money ? Any other add ons or feckling worth considering ?
Have tried KTM 690 - canny touch the ground and seat a bit hard so no chance to cut a bit out, they say can lower by appx 40mm but not enough.
KtmRy

Re: ccm450

Post by KtmRy »

Sounds like the ccm would suit you better mate, i had a sit on a few yesterday with the shortest being the first but i was soon laughed off by the sales rep, he also mentioned they were only 125kg, i thought they was the same weight as the 690s but with less power and weight it seems ideal for you, he also mentioned the newer ones were down to 40 odd hp compared to last years 55 which is a decent power although he assured me the 40 is the better one for the power curve, i quite liked the sm version with both wheels at 9 odd k!
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Life as a short "ss isn't funny as you and I both know. I've had to work hard to get my Yam's seat height down--but to be honest a low version of the CCM should suit you well and be a great do it all--you can afford it !--get the pannier frames and rack--and cush drive if you intend doing lots of road work--good luck.
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

minkies your man sure he will be here soon (thumbs)
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Will suit you, and will make those 9 hour journeys a bit more enjoyable!
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

£500 Seems a lot for a cush drive, Is it a £500 optional extra?

So technically you are paying for the bike with a non cush hub and they are then fitting the cush hub for you.

If yes then negotiate a money off deal as they will be keeping the brand new non cush hub that you have already paid for in the base price.
Or at the very least make sure you get your non cush hub off them. (thumbs)

The cush will smooth out the road ride a bit so probably a good investment.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Craig, it's not bad money to be honest. Also they are to take the shock off the transmission, not to smooth the ride as such, and for dirt oriented bikes which are regularly ridden on the road and to be kept, it's a very good investment. If you couple it with a very tough rim, you then have your cush hub, sprocket carrier and solid wheel so 500 is not a lot of money if the rim is a decent one. It's not an A60 I already know that, but it's ok for the bikes general use. Also these are not cast, they are CNC.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

KtmRy wrote:....he also mentioned the newer ones were down to 40 odd hp compared to last years 55 which is a decent power although he assured me the 40 is the better one for the power curve,
Interesting.... is this a further reduction then or what?? Kinda though the 55hp was the unrestricted race engine?
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

I've owned one for just over a year and done 5k on it, have done the Pyrenees trails , Motorways, A roads and technical tracks. you will not be disappointed. This bike puts a smile on my face, the after sales service is second to none and you have the advantage of CCM ironing out some of the initial teething problems I experienced.
If you have the money I would get the crush drive but would also recommend the manual pre load knob for the rear suspension (thumbs)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Sounds good Bob, looks like we're going to have trouble holding you back on the trail from now on :lol:
one-legged adventurer

Return to “BIKES”