Trans-Am 500 - the seven year itch

Where you've been and what you done
Tourist-Biker

Re: Trans-Am 500 - the seven year itch

Post by Tourist-Biker »

Thanks both,

Never really thought about it, but yes my 690 has got cush drive but not my 350exc.

Was thinking about a 500exc for a very light weight travel bike but it starts to add up a bit in price, but 40kg lighter than a 690 :)
Cheers

Jon

PS sorry Jenny for the hijack :blush:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Tourist-Biker wrote:PS sorry Jenny for the hijack :blush:
Don't worry, I think she's probably used to it by now :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

What kit do you take for a trip like this clothes tent etc?
My bike looks like I'm going round the world when I pack for a weekend in the UK and id never go offroad with all my crap on. Your bike still looks offroadable. (that's a real word) :whistle:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I'll keep my docs, wallet, phone and maps and such in the tank bag.
Split between the Altrider and my Klim back pack....3lts hydration, Two "T" Shirts, two pairs under-crackers, two pairs socks, light weight jacket, canvas pumps, small tent, sleeping bag and mat, Lightweight air pump. Washing kit, micro towel, No cooking or brewing gear. I'll carry a bit of food, just simple open and eat snacks I pick up at fuel stations, no need for tubes with the Tubeliss.
I'll probably get a rack and pack a small tool kit on it.
I don't plan on doing much camping, but it's handy in emergencys.....also it's a bit presumptuous to turn up at folk's gaff that you've contacted on "Tent Space"......without a tent! Even though you'll often end up in the spare bedroom.
Edit....I'll be riding in Klim Badlands suit.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Wow, that Tubeliss looks too good to be true - can you run road pressures with them?

Maybe this deserves a topic thread of its own?

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

The Spanish Biker wrote:Wow, that Tubeliss looks too good to be true - can you run road pressures with them?

Maybe this deserves a topic thread of its own?

Simon
I guess you can run "road" pressures, you can certainly go down to 10psi........I just ring Mike 54 and run stuff past him, and take his advice, he can normally source all the top gear.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveW wrote:I just ring Mike 54 and run stuff past him, and take his advice, he can normally source all the top gear.
Ha ha, that's exactly what i do too! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

JMoandpiglet

Post by JMoandpiglet »

CRAIGREVO wrote:What kit do you take for a trip like this clothes tent etc?
My bike looks like I'm going round the world when I pack for a weekend in the UK and id never go offroad with all my crap on. Your bike still looks offroadable. (that's a real word) :whistle:
Hi Craig, I appreciate that question was probably aimed at Steve originally, but if you (or anyone else who is interested) dive back to page two of this thread here you'll see that with a bit of discipline you can actually pack very lightly for a trip of essentially indefinite length...

As Dave Lomax from Adventure Spec is so fond of saying: "Overweight is underprepared..."

Jx
gbags

Post by gbags »

Hi JMo,

That is without doubt one of the best rides, and ride reports, I've seen. Great photos, very informative text and just good fun to read. I'm very envious.
JMoandpiglet

Post by JMoandpiglet »

gbags wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:48 pm Hi JMo,

That is without doubt one of the best rides, and ride reports, I've seen. Great photos, very informative text and just good fun to read. I'm very envious.

Thank you!

I know it's an older thread (but it still checks out, as they say in Star Wars), but just to let you know I'm back home after another two months in the US - and Canada this time too - on my own personal CB500X... so stand by for another epic report soon!

[IMG]http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu28 ... kboabl.jpg[/IMG]
photo. at the top of Imogene Pass (13,114ft) Colorado.

Jenny x

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”