camper vans at bike rally ????

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: camper vans at bike rally ????

Post by Redmurty »

DJ it's your gig so make the rules matey, if you want a "Bike" ralley then just make it so (thumbs)

there are others people can attend if they want something different or they can sort one out themselves (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
bowber

Post by bowber »

I hadn't realised that saying I thought a bike rally meant arriving on a bike also brought into question whether some one was a biker or not.

Ride bikes - Biker
Don't ride bikes - Not biker
Used to ride bikes but don't now - Ex biker
Have bike but don't ride it - pissed off biker

Simple I'd have though, but then I am a bit simple myself. :P

Steve
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

bowber wrote:I hadn't realised that saying I thought a bike rally meant arriving on a bike also brought into question whether some one was a biker or not.

Ride bikes - Biker

Steve
You left one out :huh:
1980's KLR owners - eternal optimist :laugh:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I
Stewie wrote:
bowber wrote:I hadn't realised that saying I thought a bike rally meant arriving on a bike also brought into question whether some one was a biker or not.

Ride bikes - Biker

Steve
Don't forget this one:

Seasonal riders - never change the clock from BST
bowber

Post by bowber »

Stewie wrote:
I had a KLR 250 years ago, fantastic engine, did you realise if you reved it over 12k the cam chain rubbed on the rocker cover? I found out when I went in to check the tappets :pinch: Rest of the bike left a bit to be desired though!

I leave my clock on BST any way Andy, I can never remember how to change it. :blush:

Back to topic now boys

Steve
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

Dear John :laugh: ,sorry, please John do not stop what you do so well and brings happy memories to the few that are lucky enough to attend.

For anyone thinking of coming BUT do not want to camp there are vacancies in the Atlantic Lodges (Bunkhouse) and a wooden hut, I spoke to Vincent there this morning.

The weather forecast is shitty which will make John's culinary delights an even greater joy to savour, the local brew will hydrate and intoxicate, the verbal bollox will be at such a volume as to be inaudible and hopefully this thread will die with the embers of the firepit.

ROCK ON FRIDAY
Adventure before Dementia
Tinytots

Post by Tinytots »

I've been riding bikes on the road since I was 16 (Suzuki TS 50 /age 47 now). My mates and I would go to the Northwest 200, it would take 2 hours to cover the 40 odd miles. We had only enough money for a programme to support the racing, minimal food and beer, so we slept 3 abreast under a bit of tarpaulin in the sand dunes.
We've been to many different bike rallies/races throughout our lives, with many under the tarpaulin, a lot under canvas, a couple in campers/caravans, dozens in B&B's, Guesthouses, hotels and I've never once heard anyone complain about how we got there or where we were staying, they were just glad to see us and that we were supporting a good cause.
If I was organising a rally, or what ever you want to call it, I'd just be glad that people turned up, had a good time and gave loads of cash to the Air Ambulance fund.
If I chose to take my bike in my van for a wee bit of comfort, then I think I've earned that right, this doesn't make me any less a bike rider, than someone who started riding bikes a few years ago and staying in a 2 man Tesco dome tent is a new and exciting experience for them.(thumbs)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Bowber wrote......
I had a KLR 250 years ago, fantastic engine, did you realise if you reved it over 12k the cam chain rubbed on the rocker cover? I found out when I went in to check the tappets :pinch: Rest of the bike left a bit to be desired though!

Wow, I know the KLR has been around ages....but 250 years?
special one

Post by special one »

This is a general statement and not aimed at anyone, but there seems to be a problem on here where people ask stuff or offer one opinion and get all uppity when they don't get the response they like or someone has a differing opinion, it's ok to have a different opinion, it's how you project it that matters.

Right, back on track...
Quite frankly, does it really matter how people turn up as long as they do?
When I organise anything (which I do a fair bit of), I'm just pleased people want to come along.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

sprintster wrote:Surely it's not that hard to understand? If you are planning on going for a ride out on an enduro bike just get it there however you can and sleep wherever you want.
If you're not bringing a bike along,don't go! :whistle:
Looks like im not the only one :whistle:
Anything but a bike was not welcome... now cars and trailers are... then there not... vans are now welcome... motorhomes jeez lets not go there! ive lost track n frankly don't care any more so i will just stick to a bunch of mates/idiots meeting up for a weekend of beer banter bike talk and RIDING with the view of "who gives a s**t how you get there" (thumbs)

All the best DJ with your "event" and all the future ones hopefully, like i said its your do so do it however you want!

Return to “THE PUB”