cardo customer service not

The essential art of farkling.
crowitch

cardo customer service not

Post by crowitch »

Colin Mann
Hi i have written to you company several months back when my head set went wrong the day we were levering for a two week holiday on the bike . my head set wouldnt turn off they suggested i let it go flat then turn it back on. im sad to say it wouldn't come back on . any way i tryed to return it to the company on amozon i brought it from with no luck and then gave up on it. any way this morning i thought i'd see if i could fix it before binning it and this is what i found when i opened it , is it worth me getting a new battier do you think ? Colin Mann
Cardo scala rider
09:57
Cardo scala rider
Hi Colin.
We unfortunatley do not authorize Amazon sellers to sell our products and have no control over what they sell. The product might have been sold faulty to you from the store, but we have no way of controlling this.
Perhaps you can file an official complaint with Amazon about this store. You can see both on our website and on our Facebook page that we advice customers not to purchase on online store such as Amazon:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/cardo-sc ... 9313898615.
We hope you manage to reslove this to your satisfaction with the store it was purchase from.

Cardo scala rider published a note.
Cardo scala rider
Colin Mann
11:39
Colin Mann
IT came from a proper bike shop which has an amazon shop . thanks for you total lack of help
Attachments
20151020_084435.jpg
20151020_084435.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
Mike54

Re: cardo customer service not

Post by Mike54 »

Your recourse is to the amazon shop/seller, cardo have zero obligation to you whatsoever and you have no legal contract with them. You should take it up with the Amazon shop, it's them with whom you have the legal relationship.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Mike54 wrote:Your recourse is to the amazon shop/seller, cardo have zero obligation to you whatsoever and you have no legal contract with them. You should take it up with the Amazon shop, it's them with whom you have the legal relationship.
Exactly, your consumer rights are with the Amazon seller and not Cardo
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
crowitch

Post by crowitch »

I wasnt try to take it up with any one and as you say if i did it would be with Amazon.
All i wonted was some advice as to whether it worth replacing the battier and were to get one.
the ones ebay are only 3.7 were as this is 4.2Amh
probable could have put it better. its off to the bin with it now.

Cheers for your help guys
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

I agree mate that is piss poor customer service. Yeah you didn't buy it from them but a bit of help would go a long way. Now they've lost a customer for good
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

crowitch wrote:I wasnt try to take it up with any one and as you say if i did it would be with Amazon.
All i wonted was some advice as to whether it worth replacing the battier and were to get one.
the ones ebay are only 3.7 were as this is 4.2Amh
probable could have put it better. its off to the bin with it now.

Cheers for your help guys
Have to ask, why did you give up with the actual seller? You said it was an amazon shop of an actual bike shop. Clearly the unit is defective in some way so why did you not pursue it with the shop?
crowitch

Post by crowitch »

I've had and used these for a good few years now it is one of a set of two. if i could have got it working i was going to put it my other lid . i have already brought a new set of intercom as it makes for a more fun trip for me and the wife . all i wonted was a "yes a new battery will possibly fix it look here for one" or a "no if it done that its fried the board " sort of answer.
didn't expect a replacement just some help. they must be out of warranty so haven't even thought about chasing up the seller

Cheers
Col
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

To my knowledge there are three reasons for a Li-ion battery to fail (often failure is catching fire). There can be an internal short in the battery, there is a short in the device it powers (so discharges the battery too quickly) or there is a fault in the battery charger. To prevent the last two faults the device should have built in circuitry, so that may have gone wrong. The first fault can be caused in manufacture or subsequent physical damage.

It's a gamble whether you try a replacement battery, but if it goes wrong again and catches fire the subsequent damage could be nasty :(
Paul Neate

Post by Paul Neate »

This is a real contrast to the experience I had with them.

My Scala Rider unit started cutting out intermittently after a particularly torrential downpour in the south of France. I contacted Cardo, and despite the fact that I hadn't registered the unit for warrantly (it was a gift, bought in Italy), they replaced it free of charge, no problem.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”