Where would you prefer to stay on a bike tour?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
sealiner37

Re: Where would you prefer to stay on a bike tour?

Post by sealiner37 »

Agree with JohnnyBoxer, I am currently in Europe, Portugal now but just finished spain. the hotels are top end and I too have not paid more than 45 GBP. However, I do like wild camping and the reason I had to do hotels is because finding wild camping is not as easy in Europe as it is in the UK. Heading for Morocco next but I am looking for fellow ABRs to do that one due to security concerns on my own......so if anyone is heading there I would love to join in.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Great thanks all for the comments.

The organiser is me LOL, and I'm not a professional. I won't be "organsing" as such either. It's a rally that you complete under your own steam, to raise money for charity, taking photos along the route to prove you've completed it. All I'll be doing is issuing people with the route, the evening pub meeting point for the group should they wish to join in, and a list of nearby hotels, B+B, campsites, then people book thier own.

The question is if that meeting point was Manchester City centre, would that put you off because you had to find secure parking?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

PS: It's clear from the comments that regardless of parking, most people would prefer a more rural location, so taken that on board and thanks for the feedback.

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

For Me Secure parking in a City would be a Must ! (thumbs)
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Groups of more than about 12 are a nightmare from a booking point of view.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

sprintster wrote:I've never been but would somewhere in The Peak District not be better?
Hawes is the next alternative, but it's whether or not there's a pub that can cope with perhaps up to 50 bikers walking in and ordering food.

The next alternative after that is Penrith, which has a big Wetherspoons and loads of a accommodation options and a travel lodge, but it puts a lot of miles into day one (360). Run as a rally not a ride out though, maybe that mileage is OK.

sven

Post by sven »

I like to stop in an interesting old town when on tour as I love to explore castles, cathedrals and historical buildings e.g. Segovia, Salamanca, Carcassonne, Rothenburg, Cochem etc. I always try to find secure parking if possible in big cities and a posh hotel is surprisingly cheap in Spain as JB mentioned.

I always tour with my wife, so a nice B&B, inn or hotel always gets me plenty of brownie points ;)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Kendal and Skipton good shouts, thanks

Return to “THE PUB”