So, talk me out of buying a new GSA....

The Things We Ride
lwt big cheese

Re: So, talk me out of buying a new GSA....

Post by lwt big cheese »

I can't help you

I chopped in a Pan for one. So to me it's not heavy. I have manly legs so can get on her, the weight differential between fully fuelled and on reserve is so negligible it makes no difference.

So far after 10 days and 1200 miles I love it.
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Do you really need all the bulk of a new GSA ? Have you looked at other options/models/had the chance to test ride other machines ?
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

steve172 wrote:
Mike54 wrote:BMW vs KTM...

I have a KTM teeheehee

If you want a GSA, go and get one!
For the long comfortable ride, the left hand model, for the exciting twisties and bumps the right hand model (thumbs)

Not sure which bike though ;)
Sirus

Post by Sirus »

DaveCon wrote:
steve172 wrote:
Mike54 wrote:BMW vs KTM...

I sold my 90th Anniversary GSA and have gone back to my 950 Adventure as the smiles per mile and simplicity of the big KTM just can't be matched by the GSA. Too much to go wrong and it will cost a bomb when it goes wrong.
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

OK, so I'm booked for a test ride on the GSA at 12 today. The question is if I like it do you go for the TE model with the electrics etc or the base model one with a couple of little optional extras like cruise and heated grips?
I'll let you know this afternoon what its like..
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Enjoy the test ride. Obviously with a 33 litre tank you don't actually have to brim it.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

waynecoluk wrote:OK, so I'm booked for a test ride on the GSA at 12 today. The question is if I like it do you go for the TE model with the electrics etc or the base model one with a couple of little optional extras like cruise and heated grips?
Depends what you want from the bike... do you need/want all the extras? If not, then no need to spend the extra money on them. Personally, I have never felt the need for cruise control/tyre pressure sensors/electronic suspension etc.
scutty

So, talk me out of buying a new GSA....

Post by scutty »

Although i rarely consider it on Bikes, when it comes to BMW's the TE spec ones hold their value a lot better than the base ones.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

waynecoluk wrote:OK, so I'm booked for a test ride on the GSA at 12 today. The question is if I like it do you go for the TE model with the electrics etc or the base model one with a couple of little optional extras like cruise and heated grips?
So what you were saying when you said 'talk me out of buying a GSA was...DON'T talk me out of buying a new GSA, 'cos I'm going to do it anyway. Ergo - I only want to hear reasons why I should do it, not ones why I shouldn't.

Given that - what was the point of the thread?

PS you'll just change the GSA in a year or so anyway for something shinier and newer - when you get the 'wants' again from reading all the nice glossy ads.
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Ken Shabby wrote:
So what you were saying when you said 'talk me out of buying a GSA was...DON'T talk me out of buying a new GSA, 'cos I'm going to do it anyway. Ergo - I only want to hear reasons why I should do it, not ones why I shouldn't.

Given that - what was the point of the thread?

PS you'll just change the GSA in a year or so anyway for something shinier and newer - when you get the 'wants' again from reading all the nice glossy ads.
You sound like a very bitter person Ken.... That's what we do on this have a bit of fun about potentially buying new bikes or not...
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple

Return to “BIKES”