BMW GS.... is it time to have one?

The Things We Ride
boristhebold

Re: BMW GS.... is it time to have one?

Post by boristhebold »

Snowy wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:Best selling bike in the Adv bike category for over 20 years (thumbs)
And thats a good reason to ride something else JB, every other bike I see at the weekend is a 1200GS. If your going to get one get an 1150 Adv (if you buy a standard one you'll always regret not having that fat tank).
:laugh: :laugh: I bought the least common bike on the road just to be different (It is crap! It breaks down alot, looks horrible, rides badly, doesn't handle...BUT I LIKE TO BE DIFFERENT)
johnnyboxer

BMW GS.... is it time to have one?

Post by johnnyboxer »

Snowy wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:Best selling bike in the Adv bike category for over 20 years (thumbs)
And thats a good reason to ride something else JB, every other bike I see at the weekend is a 1200GS. If your going to get one get an 1150 Adv (if you buy a standard one you'll always regret not having that fat tank).
And that is why I ride a 1150 GS Adv

However on the Santander ferry tonight there are 2 1150 GSA 's & only 1 1200 GS

Go figure ......
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Spout

Post by Spout »

johnnyboxer wrote: Go figure ......
Cos the 1200s can just ride across the water and don't really need to catch a ferry :whistle:
puppycharmer

Post by puppycharmer »

The 1150 is a great bike, my take a while to acquire the taste for it though.
Try and budget for upgrading the shocks front and rear, an actual worthwhile 'farkle'
Pass
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

DaveCon wrote:I tested the 800GS against the Tiger 800 and the biggest difference was the engine. The Tiger engine was a peach and very engaging, but I reasoned that on a long day do I really want and engine urging me to go faster and accelerate hard out of every corner like someone nudging you in the back. Eh?
Yes I do please, which is why the decision has been made and the Tiger 1050 is the winner. I hope to do a deal on one this week (thumbs)

I am not saying the Tiger is better than the GS or vice versa, just different bikes and teh Tiger suited me more. I have no doubt that I will someday end up with a Panzer.

Thanks for the help chaps (thumbs)
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

:laugh: (thumbs)
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

I love the 1050 Tiger Sport, just poor for 2 up compared to the GS otherwise I'd have had one. Peach of an engine, good looking bike. Good choice sir. (thumbs)
sven

Post by sven »

The different GS models offer very different riding experiences in my experience. I loved the rorty 1100, thought the 1150 was a bit too refined/dull, the 1200's improved with each upgrade (although they're still a bit slow two-up) and the LC is a completely different ride - it feels much quicker, especially when overtaking fully loaded, and much more modern (thumbs)
coddy

Post by coddy »

IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG (84.69 KiB) Viewed 2166 times
I've just done it 1200 gs te to a 1200 gas te perfect !
just love it thought it may be to big but so much easier to handle than an 800 gs.
just my opinion though !
coddy

Post by coddy »

thats the mrs and no,thats not an ashtray! thats a top box lol

Return to “BIKES”