Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
dodursley

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by dodursley »

I had a plain white ex police Pan a few years ago, no blue/yellow bits, tabard or extra lights and dual seat fitted. When I was on the motorway the usual suspect cars( BMW,VW,Merc,Audi etc) would come storming down the motorway pass me at 70+++ and bang on the anchors, wouldn't that be a bit late then anyway if I had been the real thing?
Gave up on the Pan as it was rubbish on the lanes but great getting to them.
skipper

Post by skipper »

I have an ex polite pan, no stickers or hi-vis but I can see where these guys are coming from because there have been times (though not recently)when the traffic has parted like the red sea for Moses and people in general have been more attentive and stick to speed limits.Still some go too far and end up looking like a tw@t
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I guess I better deleat "The bike I dream of owning" from my profile page.
"Ex-Police Pan-European with day-glow yellow/blue/orange livery, fitted with a top box, panniers and two aerials"
herman

Post by herman »

Diesel Pete wrote:Image[/img]

I can't find the article but this twat was in MCN a couple of years back as he chases down riders he deems are riding too fast and gives them a naughty boy talk then runs to police to tell them all about it..... I bet the police where he lives really love him turning up :whistle:
He stopped coming to meets like Alton cafe for safety reasons...his.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

That 'Bikesafe' officious, self-appointed policeman/knob is exactly the opposite of why I became a biker back in the early 80s.

We used to be a slightly rebellious, unconventional bunch who rode bikes to be individual, a bit non-conformist and different. What has happened to biking in the UK? It's becoming dull, law-abiding and 'sensible'. This knob is the extreme end of the spectrum, I suppose, but there are plenty who aren't far off. Yawn.
IainD

Post by IainD »

Not wanting to draw too many parallels, but this type of behavior is reminiscent of the type of person who goes nuts and commits an atrocity.

I do hope that the authorities are keeping tabs on him and not just dismissing him a as a fool.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

herman wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:Image[/img]

I can't find the article but this twat was in MCN a couple of years back as he chases down riders he deems are riding too fast and gives them a naughty boy talk then runs to police to tell them all about it..... I bet the police where he lives really love him turning up :whistle:
He stopped coming to meets like Alton cafe for safety reasons...his.
And Loomies, micks, Poole quay and several other venues...as far as I know the accident rate hasn't risen without his intervention.....
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

What a total cockend, and to top it all he is the lowest of the low - scum - thieving money from an Ambulance Charity.... :angry:
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

IainD wrote:Not wanting to draw too many parallels, but this type of behavior is reminiscent of the type of person who goes nuts and commits an atrocity.

I do hope that the authorities are keeping tabs on him and not just dismissing him a as a fool.
You know, I was thinking the same.
herman

Post by herman »

What adds insult is he has two stickers from Steve Piper's who at the time rode a V-rod with extremely un-pc exhausts.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “THE PUB”