Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Philiptigerrice

Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I overtook a guy out on a white Pan Europpean tonight, with one of those fucking ludicrous Tabards on it, that say "POLITE" on the back... And he had what appeared to be police stickers on the fairings, which I think said "Metropolitan Polite" where the force name would be. He also had high vis blue & yellow stripes on the back of his panniers. He was doing about 55mph on the M66 and had an enormous amount of cars crawling along behind him.

Who do these dicks think they are?! I cant believe that by changing one letter that people get away with impersonating a police officer.

I see a fair few of those Tabards.... Whyyyyy??!!!!!
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
AndyB

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by AndyB »

I like to be charitable and think that it's someone making a decent living by removing cash from people too stupid to look after it :whistle:

If I could make a living selling those tabards to idiots I'd be laughing all the way to the bank but I'd sooner be seen smeared across the front of a bus than wear one myself.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Twits, did I spell that right :whistle:
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Bloke round our way wears one..and rides a horse...but this is South Wales
jonesthesteam

Post by jonesthesteam »

I think BVG sums it up quite nicely..

[video][/video]

Jonesy
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hmm, I've just been planing a bike trip to Britain next year - I think I might just change my mind!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Philiptigerrice wrote:I overtook a guy out on a white Pan Europpean tonight, with one of those fucking ludicrous Tabards on it, that say "POLITE" on the back... And he had what appeared to be police stickers on the fairings, which I think said "Metropolitan Polite" where the force name would be. He also had high vis blue & yellow stripes on the back of his panniers. He was doing about 55mph on the M66 and had an enormous amount of cars crawling along behind him.

Who do these dicks think they are?! I cant believe that by changing one letter that people get away with impersonating a police officer.

I think I've seen this prat on the M66.
Next time I see him I'll undertake him and give him the w@nker hand.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

More to the point why are folk crawling behind him at 55 mph when the limit is 70 mph!!

Philiptigerrice wrote:I overtook a guy out on a white Pan Europpean tonight, with one of those fucking ludicrous Tabards on it, that say "POLITE" on the back... And he had what appeared to be police stickers on the fairings, which I think said "Metropolitan Polite" where the force name would be. He also had high vis blue & yellow stripes on the back of his panniers. He was doing about 55mph on the M66 and had an enormous amount of cars crawling along behind him.

Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Image[/img]

I can't find the article but this twat was in MCN a couple of years back as he chases down riders he deems are riding too fast and gives them a naughty boy talk then runs to police to tell them all about it..... I bet the police where he lives really love him turning up :whistle:
Jinna

Post by Jinna »

vRSG60 wrote:More to the point why are folk crawling behind him at 55 mph when the limit is 70 mph!!

it just shows you the observation skills of the average driver :)

Return to “THE PUB”