Ktm950 prices falling

The Things We Ride
OnHellas

Re: Ktm950 prices falling

Post by OnHellas »

Depreciation?

Funny thing that, it does seem to be a recurring theme with vehicles.............as they get older.......
bowber

Post by bowber »

45mpg minimum, 50+ on a touring trip usually.
If you need to pay someone to service your bike then the service costs can add up but they are pretty easy to work on once you know your bike, oil changes DON'T require the fuel tank to be removed and the oil filter is cheap from a KTM dealer, no need to buy a copy part.
Later 950's are pretty much sorted from the factory with all the niggly bits sorted.
The motor is very smooth and even over geared is very easy to use off road, they are still heavy though.
Suspension is way better than any standard Honda I've ridden, even my wifes 5K 700 Transalp feels worn out in comparison to my 20K 04 950.

Steve
bowber

Post by bowber »

It's also that time of year, bike prices always drop at the end of summer. Try getting one in spring!

Steve
EricKTM@

Post by EricKTM@ »

Mine is coming up on 50,000 Kms. As bikes go I have owned her for over two years making her the longest I've held onto with all the others been less then a year each. I have no plans to sell her although the new Africa Twin would tempt me had I the cash but I don't. Lol

She has had no major issues although finding problems when they happened took time but where always an easy fix. Battery, stick coil, starter relay and a preventative water pump rebuild. Other then that she has been amazing and in daily use all year round.

My biggest problem was keepin her in back tyres until I found the mitas e07. No it's not an issue anymore.
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -

Return to “BIKES”