A life changing day.

Bikers and riding
jackdaw

Re: A life changing day.

Post by jackdaw »

Congratulations. I pass the same milestone on Thursday. Keep draing the money for many years to come.
Tinkz

Post by Tinkz »

Good for you!
Both my parents retired a couple of years ago, its a great feeling knowing they are enjoying it, they've worked hard, now its "their" time, doing stuff together and also their own hobbies.

Enjoy your new found freedom and hope it lasts for a long time to come mate. (thumbs)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Congratulations Matey. I'm fifty-nine next week and beginning to feel the pre-pension panic - it's a long future you have to plan for! - and fortunately my new business venture is helping to pay for the extra five years NI contributions I now have to find!

'Fortune' and 'lucky' is a bit ironic for Mrs s though as she too has to make up the difference but now has an extra six years to find the dosh, her pension age went from 60 to 66 without so much as a by-your-leave . . .

Regs and enjoy - you've worked hard for it (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Congratulations, I'm a firm believer in retiring & making way for the young uns so I took semi-retirement at 59 I'd done 44yrs without a weeks unemployment & now just do 16hrs per week in a totally different work area, still got 3yrs to full retirement. We should be pushing for earlier not later retirement :whistle:
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

lancashirelad wrote:Congratulations, I'm a firm believer in retiring & making way for the young uns so I took semi-retirement at 59 I'd done 44yrs without a weeks unemployment & now just do 16hrs per week in a totally different work area, still got 3yrs to full retirement. We should be pushing for earlier not later retirement :whistle:
59 + 3 = 62 How do you wrk that then?

Si
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
lancashirelad wrote:Congratulations, I'm a firm believer in retiring & making way for the young uns so I took semi-retirement at 59 I'd done 44yrs without a weeks unemployment & now just do 16hrs per week in a totally different work area, still got 3yrs to full retirement. We should be pushing for earlier not later retirement :whistle:

Si
62 now so 3ys to state pension?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

lancashirelad wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Si
62 now so 3ys to state pension?
Sorry, missed the past tense 'took' semi-retirement at 59 - dementing already :whistle:

Simon

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”