If There Is A God...Thank You, Thank You!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Spout

Re: If There Is A God...Thank You, Thank You!

Post by Spout »

[quote="picos mestizo" post=449347
What would you sugest in this situation with no way of pulling over to let Mr MyJourney'sMoreImportantThanYour's pass you :whistle:[/quote]

Pull in when you can. I do. But if you don't look in your mirrors.........
deskjetian

Post by deskjetian »

What rubs me up the wrong way is the large number of drivers who just do not use their indicators.
Trev

Post by Trev »

steve172 wrote:People who drive cars generally have no interest in driving, and are therefore not interested in being good at it. With the exception of actual car and driving enthusiasts who do take it seriously, but there are far fewer of them than the former.
Bit of a sweeping generalisation there, next you'll be saying most bikers are good riders who rarely make mistakes or are tempted to go for a risky overtake/filter :P

My advice is to 'take a chill pill dude'. To be fair though, although I drive a fair bit (25 - 30k miles a year), only very rarely I am on the way to the hospital with my (someone else's?) pregnant wife, have to get home because my house is on fire or trying to outrun a Toyota pickup full of gun toting crazed fundamentalists so perhaps my driving trips just aren't important enough to get me stressed :whistle:

Seriously, be careful out there, riding (or driving) with a stressed state of mind can sometimes lead to taking the wrong decisions, stay safe (thumbs)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

You want to try it here in holiday season......"ehhh look Ethel a tree" and don't mention BLOODY CAMPER VANS
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

45. Thats the number I hate, it seems that many round here do 45...in a 30, in a 40 and then also in a 50, 60 and 70 on a dual carriageway. Tossers
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Spout wrote:[quote="picos mestizo" post=449347
What would you sugest in this situation with no way of pulling over to let Mr MyJourney'sMoreImportantThanYour's pass you :whistle:
Pull in when you can. I do. But if you don't look in your mirrors.........[/quote]
When I'm filtering my eyes are glued to what's either side, in front or coming between the gaps. What's behind get's second consideration.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
skipper

Post by skipper »

deskjetian wrote:What rubs me up the wrong way is the large number of drivers who just do not use their indicators.

and the ones that do use their indicators then think they have right of way and just move without looking.

threads like this just get the bp up
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Trev wrote:
steve172 wrote:People who drive cars generally have no interest in driving, and are therefore not interested in being good at it. With the exception of actual car and driving enthusiasts who do take it seriously, but there are far fewer of them than the former.
Bit of a sweeping generalisation there, next you'll be saying most bikers are good riders who rarely make mistakes or are tempted to go for a risky overtake/filter :P
LOL well it could be, but I think it holds true. The majority of drivers drive because they have to (like my Mum, but she couldn't care less about how good she is at it as long as she gets A to B). The majority of bikers ride because they want to (like me and my Dad, so we are constantly striving to improve).
wheelbothends

Post by wheelbothends »

Makes me laugh when I get told
"oh those foreign drivers, they'll kill you"

Apparently I was going to get killed many times over in North,South and Central America. Found it to be vastly different, and the further South I got the more relaxed progress became.

Sure they're a bit pushy in the towns.

But truth to tell, all those "crazy foreigners" are far and away better and more aware of what they're doing than any late again UK school runner with their unnecessary four by fours and phone using van drivers.

As for Twats in cars fitted with 2 kilowatt sound systems....
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Trev wrote:

My advice is to 'take a chill pill dude'. To be fair though, although I drive a fair bit (25 - 30k miles a year), only very rarely I am on the way to the hospital with my (someone else's?) pregnant wife, have to get home because my house is on fire or trying to outrun a Toyota pickup full of gun toting crazed fundamentalists so perhaps my driving trips just aren't important enough to get me stressed :whistle:

Seriously, be careful out there, riding (or driving) with a stressed state of mind can sometimes lead to taking the wrong decisions, stay safe (thumbs)
it's not about "taking a chill pill" whilst being stuck behind someone who is driving a lot slower than the speed limit when conditions are safe enough to drive at that limit. It is inconsideration and cause's problems to other and not to say it can be illegal. Drive that way if you want to but as someone else has said when over when you can or at least help the person behind over take.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”