**Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Mike101
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by Mike101 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Actually the route is not that long..my TYRE thingy says it is but I think it's messing up somewhere. Last years was 90 end to end and this years is not much longer.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
Mike101
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by Mike101 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Here are the easy ride AM and PM routes.

Mike
Attachments
PMSalisburyRallyeasyride.gpx
(347.36 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
AMSalisburyRallyeasyride.gpx
(321.8 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

~ACP~
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:48 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by ~ACP~ » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Mike101 wrote:With the exception of one uphill bit I've ridden all the route on my 950 and it's all fine.....I can't get my 950 up the steep bit so we'll see how you are get on!
I got up THAT hill on Sunday on the 690 with a shitty rear tyre Mike. It'll be fine as long as it ain't raining :evil: ;)

(Dropped into The Lamb for lunch too)

Mike101
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by Mike101 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:54 pm

~ACP~ wrote:
Mike101 wrote:With the exception of one uphill bit I've ridden all the route on my 950 and it's all fine.....I can't get my 950 up the steep bit so we'll see how you are get on!
I got up THAT hill on Sunday on the 690 with a shitty rear tyre Mike. It'll be fine as long as it ain't raining :evil: ;)

(Dropped into The Lamb for lunch too)
Oh you should have let me know as I was in at home all day.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

phil.hughes1983
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:15 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by phil.hughes1983 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:07 pm

200 miles on my 2stroke in a day will be pushing it. I don't think I would be able to feel the lower half of my body. I have a few routes which I have done with russ on my gps and can sort something fun out.

Mike101
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by Mike101 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:25 pm

phil.hughes1983 wrote:200 miles on my 2stroke in a day will be pushing it. I don't think I would be able to feel the lower half of my body. I have a few routes which I have done with russ on my gps and can sort something fun out.
It's not that far...my Nav thingy messed up..trust me..you will have fun.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

MHsnowy
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 10:26 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by MHsnowy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Mike101 wrote:Here are the GPX files for the hard ride. Please can somebody upload them and check them out. They are created on TYRE using google earth but should be fine for people to follow as a set of waypoints.

Mike
Why are the track and the route within the gpx different? The track appears to go up and back on itself a few times.
Anybody else found this?

Jersey87
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: Somerset
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by Jersey87 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:43 am

MHsnowy wrote:
Mike101 wrote:Here are the GPX files for the hard ride. Please can somebody upload them and check them out. They are created on TYRE using google earth but should be fine for people to follow as a set of waypoints.

Mike
Why are the track and the route within the gpx different? The track appears to go up and back on itself a few times.
Anybody else found this?
Yeah, I found that when I opened it on Basecamp.

I just ignored the track and put the route onto my Montana by itself (as a track), seemed to work ok - insomuch as it shows a clear route on the map with no little dead-end branches leading off here and there as before. (thumbs)

Assume this will also be the case when I come to use it...then again, might have completely cocked it up - not the most computer/sat nav savvy... :whistle:

MHsnowy
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 10:26 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by MHsnowy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:08 am

Ive done a more accurate track following the route more closely using Garmin GB discoverer. Can you have a quick look Mike101 and see if it's right?
ABRSalisburyhard.GPX
(43.17 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Mike101
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: **Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015

Post by Mike101 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:58 am

MHsnowy wrote:Ive done a more accurate track following the route more closely using Garmin GB discoverer. Can you have a quick look Mike101 and see if it's right?
ABRSalisburyhard.GPX
Cheers for lookng at this. I created it on TYRE and i think it took the waypoints and then created a route using as many as roads to get to each waypoint as possible..thats why it's over 200 miles long on the route...it's more like 100 miles long in total.

if you go from one waypoint to the next in order you will all be fine...i hope..if not the plain's not that big for you to get lost on.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Post Reply

Return to “Salisbury Plain Rally 2015** 21st 22nd 23rd August 2015”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests