Irony

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
fullerton

Re: Irony

Post by fullerton »

Redmurty wrote:the sign says "oncoming vehicles in the middle of the road" and there was (thumbs)

and the problem was....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cheers Spud ;)
i agree

steve
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

i think he has good visibility on a bike with jaw snapping acceleration, carnt see much wrong or is it another sports bike hater.

steve
steve172

Post by steve172 »

fullerton wrote:i think he has good visibility on a bike with jaw snapping acceleration, carnt see much wrong or is it another sports bike hater.

steve
As I passed the other bike, it was still on the wrong side of the road. Dangerous manoeuvre and he clearly started his overtake across the double solids. He's lucky I wasn't a car that was tanking along at 80mph as is usually the case down that road.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

A mate was recently out riding his bike when another bike pulled on to his side of the road to overtake a moving car, oncoming rider paniced and grabbed the front brake which sent him sliding down the road. My mate hit the brakes and took to the verge but unfortunately hit the rider and killed him. Sobering stuff.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

steve172 wrote:
fullerton wrote:i think he has good visibility on a bike with jaw snapping acceleration, carnt see much wrong or is it another sports bike hater.

steve
As I passed the other bike, it was still on the wrong side of the road. Dangerous manoeuvre and he clearly started his overtake across the double solids. He's lucky I wasn't a car that was tanking along at 80mph as is usually the case down that road.
I dare say if you had been a car tanking along at 80mph he wouldn't have made the overtake.I haven't got a problem with someone doing that to me,if I see a bike coming towards me stuck behind a car I'll pull over to my left a bit to give them space to come through.And a nice wave to each other! (thumbs)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

sprintster wrote:
steve172 wrote:

steve
I dare say if you had been a car tanking along at 80mph he wouldn't have made the overtake.I haven't got a problem with someone doing that to me,if I see a bike coming towards me stuck behind a car I'll pull over to my left a bit to give them space to come through.And a nice wave to each other! (thumbs)
Agree (thumbs)
steve172

Post by steve172 »

He was already out overtaking before I came round the corner!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

steve172 wrote:He was already out overtaking before I came round the corner!
well in that case he's a prat, not always easy to judge from photo :(
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I'm sorry but I still don't see much wrong with that.I take it he passed both cars at once so if you'd had been a car tanking along he would have just pulled back in behind the front one but he sees you are a bike not going very fast so just carries on as he knows there is plenty of space and time.I'm sure if he felt the need to overtake faster he could have.
Ok,so he crossed a solid white line but he's got a clear view and knows what acceleration his bike has got.Big deal...he is just thinking for himself!
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

steve172 wrote:He was already out overtaking before I came round the corner!
If you were around the corner how did you know that he was already overtaking?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”