New Jag speed limited!

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Nigel

Re: New Jag speed limited!

Post by Nigel »

steve_h80 wrote:Brilliant idea.
I'll put a 30 sticker on my back then ride past one and see what happens :-)
:laugh: :laugh:
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

bull wrote:
Boo Cock wrote:
bull wrote:I cant see it ever been made compulsory,
I can!

well, I cant

it will never happen,

because theres too much money to made out of speeding tickets, millions if not billons ever year
Wait a moment while I burry my head in the sand like they did in the 1960's with the 70mph speed limitb , the helmet law and the three part test or bike licences. :unsure:
I mean, something like that could of been brought in years ago, the technology to do something like that has been around for years, but name one country in the world that has it, answer is none[/quote
bull

Post by bull »

Boo Cock

thats all mixed up, I cant make no sense of it
bull

Post by bull »

Boo Cock wrote: Wait a moment while I burry my head in the sand like they did in the 1960's with the 70mph speed limitb , the helmet law and the three part test or bike licences. :unsure:

but what has that to do with the speed limiter
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

fullerton wrote:
picos mestizo wrote:I'm surprised 200mph motorcycles are allowed to be road registered.
If restrictions can be applied in certain licence categories then why haven't they been applied so that full licences meet certain speed / power criteria.
I'm no killjoy but whats the sense of a 200 mph machine on the road when there is nowhere in this country that you can legally exceede 70 mph. :whistle:
think if the bike can do 200mph safely what it is like at legal speeds in terms of breaking power and handling etc same as cars.

steve
Bikes could do all that without having a 200mph engine.
There's plenty of 50hp bread & butter machines which are lighter, handle & brake with equal competance. (thumbs)
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
sven

Post by sven »

picos mestizo wrote:
fullerton wrote:
picos mestizo wrote:I'm surprised 200mph motorcycles are allowed to be road registered.
If restrictions can be applied in certain licence categories then why haven't they been applied so that full licences meet certain speed / power criteria.
I'm no killjoy but whats the sense of a 200 mph machine on the road when there is nowhere in this country that you can legally exceede 70 mph. :whistle:
think if the bike can do 200mph safely what it is like at legal speeds in terms of breaking power and handling etc same as cars.

steve
Bikes could do

all that without having a 200mph engine.
There's plenty of 50hp bread & butter machines which are lighter, handle & brake with equal competance. (thumbs)
..... if you don't enjoy fast acceleration which is one of the joys of motorcycling (thumbs)
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

bull wrote:
Boo Cock wrote: Wait a moment while I burry my head in the sand like they did in the 1960's with the 70mph speed limitb , the helmet law and the three part test or bike licences. :unsure:

but what has that to do with the speed limiter
It won't be long before it is standard and therefore compulsary on all vehicles. Just look at traction control and abs systems. People should learn to drive properly and not rely on technology.
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

bull wrote:Boo Cock

%$&*ing technology gone wrong again.
bull

Post by bull »

Boo Cock wrote:
bull wrote:Boo Cock

%$&*ing technology gone wrong again.

:laugh: :laugh:
bull

Post by bull »

Boo Cock wrote: People should learn to drive properly and not rely on technology.

yep, that is true (thumbs)

Return to “TECHNICAL”