ABR as it should be.

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
johnnyboxer

Re: ABR as it should be.

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveW wrote:Interesting post Johnny.
We are a pretty eclectic bunch on here. One of the reasons I like this forum is that it attracts different types of riders, some positively road based some very much into the rougher stuff.
I like the fact that respect (aside from some gentle good natured ribbing) is shown to riders of all machines and of all abilities.
A thread titled "ABR as it should be" kinda runs against spirt of this all encompassing forum.
Precisely...................ABR is all things to all men, here

However with the Captain's point of view, unless you're living in Bulgaria, riding a KTM and NOT having extreme adventure riding.... then you are a much lesser person here and quite frankly shouldn't be tagged Adventure Bike Rider

So Captain, i'm afraid to say.................we're all worthy, mate - even on a 125 or a Chinese bike

We are a community, here (thumbs)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Oim considerably more ABR than yow.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

captinktm wrote:This to my mind is what ABR is meant to be about, not how much bling you ve got on your bike, or even what bike you ride.
It's about going somewhere not knowing where it will lead you or if it's possible. Yes this is a enduro bike (11 years old now) but as I will show later this month it to will travel with luggage over unknown terrain when my self and Adrian attempt to ride the Stara Palannia ridge line from the start on the Serb boarder to the Black Sea.

This was filmed a few days ago riding in the Teteven area of these mountains.

It may be just me, but shouldn't people read the post before posting anti remarks?
For the avoidance of doubt I've highlighted the relevant words.
As the OP says ABR isn't all things to all men, it's in his opinion, nothing more nothing less.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

daytona-supersport wrote:PS, I have just remembered, there is a track down the left hand side of a very, very steep wooded valley with bloody enormous steps in Derbyshire. Rock hairpin bends and drop of to the right, just to make it interesting. Can't for the life of me remember exactly where it was though.
That must have been before my time as i know just about all of them and cant recall any like this, unless your comment is some sort of piss take :laugh:
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Has anyone else ridden the rock steps and hairpin turn on the trail from Talgarth down to the Grywene Far reservoir? Affectionately know as the 'brown trousers' route :ohmy: .
It's near Brecon/Crichowell/Talybont. Not sure if it's still open? I couldn't get up it or round it when we rode it. One of the other riders fried his clutch on the same route as well. I'll see if I can find a photo.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

KtmRy wrote:
daytona-supersport wrote:PS, I have just remembered, there is a track down the left hand side of a very, very steep wooded valley with bloody enormous steps in Derbyshire. Rock hairpin bends and drop of to the right, just to make it interesting. Can't for the life of me remember exactly where it was though.
That must have been before my time as i know just about all of them and cant recall any like this, unless your comment is some sort of piss take :laugh:
No, not a piss take. The guy leading that day was a bit of a twit. Not even sure if it was a legal route. I had told him to avoid anything too nasty as we had a couple of new to off road riders with us. The total dick head either did not know the route or was bigging it up. Either way it was a cracking trail for experienced riders, but a real sphincter tweaking ride for the new guys. One guy was a pretty good 600cc track racer and the other had a lot of road riding and a bit of off road mileage, but this was a bit strong for them so early on in the day. Once ridden, never forgotten. Steps big enough to send you over the handlebars if you got it wrong. :P
Not ridden the area for yonks, the last time I was in the area I was shocked at how many lanes were closed off. Grrrr.
scoobydidler

ABR as it should be.

Post by scoobydidler »

Sounds interesting. Sure ry is on the hunt for said lane.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

daytona-supersport wrote: PS, I have just remembered, there is a track down the left hand side of a very, very steep wooded valley with bloody enormous steps in Derbyshire. Rock hairpin bends and drop of to the right, just to make it interesting. Can't for the life of me remember exactly where it was though.
Sounds a bit like Catholes, just off the Chesterfield to Baslow road :unsure: . Always a good start to the day riding up it until they filled in the rock steps, it was never legal though.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Scott_rider wrote:Has anyone else ridden the rock steps and hairpin turn on the trail from Talgarth down to the Grywene Far reservoir? Affectionately know as the 'brown trousers' route :ohmy: .
It's near Brecon/Crichowell/Talybont. Not sure if it's still open? I couldn't get up it or round it when we rode it. One of the other riders fried his clutch on the same route as well. I'll see if I can find a photo.
The TRF took me up it on my 2nd ever time greenlaning, I went to ride around the rock berm instead of up the steps and failed in dramatic fashion :pinch: :laugh: :laugh: . I don't believe it is 'open' now anymore than it ever was ;) .
There's a photo somewhere of a mates XR400 in the catch fence on the way up.

Edit:-Found the photo
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

Gread Video Captain, everyone has there own idea of an adventure (even if its buying a mint old trail bike, riding round a flat bit of double track at 20mph and spending the next 2 days cleaning it and telling everybody what a deal they got), but personaly i have to agree with your version

Return to “VIDEOS”