Are bikes going backwards?

Bikers and riding
bull

Re: Are bikes going backwards?

Post by bull »

captinktm wrote:
Christ you are a Bull are n't yah. You have no idea of my riding ability in the rain, in fact you have know idea.

Laddie? I am 59 yuh dick and have been riding and racing for 45 years! I ride and race all year round. It was my job!

I put 48 000 miles on my first R1 in 12 months try doing that just riding on sunny days in the UK?

I spent 7 years in Turkey riding offroad, guiding tours, doing 30 000 miles a year! Advanced? You bet your ass I am.

calm down

advanced, and you never heard of watching for the hedgerow to start moving away from you going into a bend, or be in the right gear and speed, or doing your braking before you enter the bend,

throttle control in the bend, and having a good position on the road for the best view of the road ahead around the bend so you can keep the speed up, but are still able to stop within the distance you can see, or at least give you enough time to avoid something

you don't need to be pressing the brakes every two seconds
bull

Post by bull »

look, getting from from A to B safely and without breaking ones fu*king neck, isn't that what matters

simple as
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

We don't have hedgerows in Scotland...so I'm f#@ked! :P
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

captinktm wrote:
bull wrote:you don't have to know the road, that's the point

that's what reading the movement of the hedgerow going into a bend means

look at movement of the hedgerow going into the bend, and it will tell you what gear and speed you should be doing going into that bend

simple as
The more you write Bull the worse it gets, you can't have it both ways, first you say all braking done before you enter the corner now your saying your reading the corner as you go round it. You are talking bollox, the technique you are describing (although not understanding) is used to determine when to start accelerating out of the corner not when to brake into the bend. I can see now why you are re applying the brakes mid corner. If it were as "Simple as" then you would have understood it by now. :(
there's nothing rubbish in what Bull has written there, it's the police system and when I was taught it new called it the "limiting point" you read the limiting point to dictate what speed you would/could go around the corner at. I ride that way all the time.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Redmurty wrote:
captinktm wrote:
bull wrote:you don't have to know the road, that's the point

that's what reading the movement of the hedgerow going into a bend means

look at movement of the hedgerow going into the bend, and it will tell you what gear and speed you should be doing going into that bend

simple as
The more you write Bull the worse it gets, you can't have it both ways, first you say all braking done before you enter the corner now your saying your reading the corner as you go round it. You are talking bollox, the technique you are describing (although not understanding) is used to determine when to start accelerating out of the corner not when to brake into the bend. I can see now why you are re applying the brakes mid corner. If it were as "Simple as" then you would have understood it by now. :(
there's nothing rubbish in what Bull has written there, it's the police system and when I was taught it new called it the "limiting point" you read the limiting point to dictate what speed you would/could go around the corner at. I ride that way all the time.

cheers Spud ;)
Or "vanishing point" as I think someone has already said several pages back. (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

yes I've heard it called that to, but I was always told "limiting point" as it limits your entry speed (thumbs)

If you watch twist of the wrist they call them reference points :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

so ..... just before the bike vanishes at this point .. is it still going backwards :huh: :silly:
Treadtrader

Are bikes going backwards?

Post by Treadtrader »

garyboy wrote:so ..... just before the bike vanishes at this point .. is it still going backwards :huh: :silly:
Nearly spilt me beer then.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

bull wrote:
captinktm wrote:
Christ you are a Bull are n't yah. You have no idea of my riding ability in the rain, in fact you have know idea.

Laddie? I am 59 yuh dick and have been riding and racing for 45 years! I ride and race all year round. It was my job!

I put 48 000 miles on my first R1 in 12 months try doing that just riding on sunny days in the UK?

I spent 7 years in Turkey riding offroad, guiding tours, doing 30 000 miles a year! Advanced? You bet your ass I am.

calm down

advanced, and you never heard of watching for the hedgerow to start moving away from you going into a bend, or be in the right gear and speed, or doing your braking before you enter the bend,

throttle control in the bend, and having a good position on the road for the best view of the road ahead around the bend so you can keep the speed up, but are still able to stop within the distance you can see, or at least give you enough time to avoid something

you don't need to be pressing the brakes every two seconds
With all this horticultural talk of hedgerows, it's made me think that there is already a machine that chases hedges, and it's called the GS, or if you prefer Garden Shears.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”