Fuel tank ranges?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
scouse

Re: Fuel tank ranges?

Post by scouse »

The Wilbur wrote:
Udders wrote:What sort of milages do people get from their different bikes? I've got a standard GS and get around 200 miles between fill ups. What do the different model KTM'S do? Africa Twins? Transalps etc.....
Which GS?

650 - 800 - 1000 - 1100 - 1150 - 1200 ???
Fixed it for ya :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

most i've done into reserve was 230 for the tank on the S10 but reckon i still had 3 or 4 litres left..
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Norm De Plume

Post by Norm De Plume »

scouse wrote:
The Wilbur wrote:
Udders wrote:What sort of milages do people get from their different bikes? I've got a standard GS and get around 200 miles between fill ups. What do the different model KTM'S do? Africa Twins? Transalps etc.....
Which GS?

650 - 800 - 1000 - 1100 - 1150 - 1200 ???
Fixed it for ya :D
If you're being that picky, don't forget the 850 model.

There may be others as well, but I'll leave that to other pedants to point out :P
Womble

Post by Womble »

.. of course... R80GS, R100GS and special R65GS for Danish Army..
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Lee

Post by Lee »

Regularly get 220-240 miles before the fuel-trip cuts in on the Ten, at that point I tend to be topping up with about 16-17 litres. Given the tank is 22 litres I think 300 miles is easily achievable before it runs out.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Bloody interesting, but confusing unless your a biking encyclopaedia and know the volume of every ones tanks to begin with

Impressed with 800GS reports

My Varadero 24 lt tank 4 of that for reserve on average UK fuel 210 miles, Scandinavia speed limits and fear of fines had me riding like Miss Daisy is on the back, then I had 250 before the reserv light came on.

On German fuel I'm down to 190 miles they are ripping us off by mixing Bio ethanol into the petrol at around 8%
Bastids
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Phil

Post by Phil »

stanbloke wrote:170 / 180 riding at a steady pace 75ish.

160 is about the norm....but i have emptied the tanks at 110 miles while "pressing on ".:woohoo:

keep it under 4and a half thou and its not too bad. Troble is, i only have an 150mile bum these days.:whistle:
i take it from your pic that were talking about a KTM adventure....990? ive never ridden one but i do love those bikes, but i must admit the fuel range really puts me off.

if i totally rag my fazer (140bhp) it will easily do 145 before reserve....and i mean totally rag it!:ohmy: normally if i ride twisties all day i will get 155/160 before reserve.

still want a KTM though ;)
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

Phil wrote:
stanbloke wrote:170 / 180 riding at a steady pace 75ish.

160 is about the norm....but i have emptied the tanks at 110 miles while "pressing on ".:woohoo:

keep it under 4and a half thou and its not too bad. Troble is, i only have an 150mile bum these days.:whistle:
i take it from your pic that were talking about a KTM adventure....990? ive never ridden one but i do love those bikes, but i must admit the fuel range really puts me off.

still want a KTM though ;)
There's a "Trade off" Phil.......omigawd is there!!!.

I dont worry about the fuel...this is what riding bikes is about ....utter exhilaration !

If you want 100mpg get a step thru....I'll have my 990S thanks buddy.:laugh:
Phil

Post by Phil »

There's a "Trade off" Phil.......omigawd is there!!!.

I dont worry about the fuel...this is what riding bikes is about ....utter exhilaration !

If you want 100mpg get a step thru....I'll have my 990S thanks buddy.:laugh:[/quote]

99% of the time i dont worry about fuel...excpet for when your in the middle of france...and its a sunday, then your screwed :P

i just dont get how such a hardcore bike has such a poor tank range. As i said i aint dissing the bike, i genuinely really like them. I also believe that you shouldn't diss any bike....its all about each to there own.

despite what i just said....i can still see myself getting one in the near future.
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

KTM 950 ADV does about 10 miles/litre. Fuel light comes on at about 170 - 180 miles, sometimes less (I don't brim the tanks if the weather is hot or I am going to ride in town).

Gas Gas 250 Pampera does about 40 - 50 miles before reserve (that's why it's called a Gas Gas: you need to fill it up twice if you are out trail riding for the day).

CCM 404 does about 50 - 60 mpg.

Return to “THE PUB”