Insurance renewal - not insured unless in locked garage - how practical is that!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveR

Re: Insurance renewal - not insured unless in locked garage - how practical is that!

Post by SteveR »

johnnyboxer wrote:I'm with CN and mine are covered around the home, except between 2200 and 0600 hours - when they will be garaged

Only stipulation is that they must be in a locked garage between 10pm and 6am and if it isn't they increase the excess by another £100
That was the case in the past with my cover. Why they change the requirement...? Probably each Insurer sets their own parameters and requirements when offering cover.
Mickdb1

Re: Insurance renewal - not insured unless in locked garage - how practical is that!

Post by Mickdb1 »

Hoggyf wrote:To be fair to Carole Nash though, I forgot to say that they do cover you for up to £15k of damage if you're riding you're mates bike and fall off it as long as he has comprehensive cover, thats a good addition. (thumbs)
I think that is only in the UK so be aware of that when yer off on a jolly over the water.
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Hoggyf wrote:@johnyboxer, mine was the same, only between 22.00 and 06.00 last year which I think is reasonable, but this year it's all the time, do they expect you to lock the garage everytime you nip in the house to put the kettle on???
Just checked mine and it only mentions night time garaging, insurer is Aviva

Maybe it's a postcode thing, we're out in the sticks here and the yard can't be seen from any road

I went away, for 2 nights...........a couple of years ago

When I returned the garage door was wide open, I'd forgotten to shut it and ridden off

Everything was just as I left it :whistle: ................fecking open though
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Yeah,I'd hate to live somewhere you're scared to take your bike out of the garage to wash it! Yes,my bike was garaged,but for six months it didn't have a door on it and not so much as a screwdriver was stolen! :)
gland

Post by gland »

I thought carol Nash was a broker ,so they are only telling you what the insurers stipulate.
simonw

Post by simonw »

sprintster wrote:If it does get stolen from your house just tell them you'd ridden next door for a cuppa when it got stolen! :laugh:
My policy (with Bikesure) doubles the excess if the bike is stolen from anywhere within 500m of my garage, so that wouldn't work for me. :(
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Just take a different policy thats £10 a year more. I cant get my wife no matter how much I beg, plead or moan, to think about where she parks her car. You can get 5 cars on my driveway and she still slaps a car right across the doors of the double garage, so mine often sits on the driveway until I‘m changed, had dinner, and can be bothered to go out and move her car.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

if you make a claim, just check the neighbors cctv is not covering your driveway because they will the insurers will look.

steve
Hoggyf

Post by Hoggyf »

Cost me an extra £14.00 to get Carole Nash to use a different insurer that doubles the Excess if its stolen from within 500m of the house if its not in the garage. Better than what it was before.
Then:
Honda MB5, Honda MBX125, 350LC, RGV250, MTX125, GasGas JTX250, CM 644 DS, BMW R1100S, Beta Rev3 250, Beta Rev4T, Honda XL700V Transalp, BMW F800 GS, Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Now:
Montesa 4RT, Triumph Tiger 800, Beta Alp, Montesa 315
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Just called CN and i'm with Aviva

My bikes only need garaging between 22.00 and 0600, just as I thought

Rest of the time they're fine on the drive/lawn/patio

They would still pay out if they weren't garaged, BUT would double the excess because I had failed to comply with their stipulations, contained in the wording of my policy

Seems fair enough to me and can't complain, sensible terms and conditions

I have always found CN to be brilliant (thumbs)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “THE PUB”