Ladies hot weather touring trousers -Any recommendations?

Does my ass look big in these?
GlosterBoy

Ladies hot weather touring trousers -Any recommendations?

Post by GlosterBoy »

Just come back from a trip to Lake Garda with my wife and Browndog, she loved the trip apart from her trousers being too warm. They're Hein Gericke Shelltex ones, and even with all the vents open they were too hot, with the non removable nylon lining sticking to her legs, she's a curvy size 16 and needs to get on the back of my R12GS so needs a bit of movability in them.
Are Kevlar jeans the answer?
Philiptigerrice

Re: Ladies hot weather touring trousers -Any recommendations?

Post by Philiptigerrice »

My wife uses the BMW City Pants, in blue.

I have the same type - but in khaki...

They're really good - we both use them as year round trousers - great when its warm, and when its cold, stick a set of running leggings on underneath. They aren't water proof though - so need overtrousers - but they're only £20.

The quality is excellent - and there's no crisp-packet effect....
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I should add - the BMW size range can be weird - but the showrooms will order in a few sizes so you make sure they're right.

Then - compare to see if they're cheaper on this website - which isn't actually a BMW site (I don't think it is anyway).

(thumbs)

http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
kiejoe65

Post by kiejoe65 »

held jeans with kev in them...she loves them ..kev's lucky eh B)
steve172

Post by steve172 »

My girlfriend wear a budget IXS suit and likes it enough. Any textile suit will get warm in a particularly hot climate I guess but having removable liners is ideal.

She wears it year round and is rarely too cold or too hot. The waterproofing also lasted longer than my sheltex HG suit.
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

I wear Red Route Kevlar jeans, great fit and cool to wear, they come in different legs lengths as well. I've ridden round Morocco in them, also Romania, Greece and Albania in hot weather.
Rev'it also make great kit for "real shaped" ladies. I have their Ventura jacket, they also do some great fitting Airwave trousers which I tried on, but decided to stick with my Kevlar jeans. :)
DaleC

Post by DaleC »

Bonniebird wrote:Rev'it also make great kit for "real shaped" ladies. I have their Ventura jacket, they also do some great fitting Airwave trousers which I tried on, but decided to stick with my Kevlar jeans. :)
Another vote for Rev'it stuff.

My girl has the chick's version of the Rev'it Sand trousers and rates them highly from both a quality of materials perspective and functionality. These trousers have been well tested in hot temperatures in Morocco and most recently in 30-35 degree temps in Romania.

I just noted that Rev'it are selling "Sand 2" now.
Keyboard Adventurer! :D
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I recently considered Kevlar jeans and was amazed at the difference between the cheapest and most expensive
The cheap ones have virtually no Kevlar in them at all and the best ones I found by Held at £220 were fully lined, top to bottom as it were, with Kevlar.

Held it is for me then. Maybe 3 times the price of the cheap kit but surely five times the protection and value!
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Hood jeans are also fully lined and about £160 now I think including hip and knee armour.I still find them a bit warm if it's really hot (but then I'm Scottish so if it's not snowing it's warm! :laugh: ) so I'm going to try a pair of Spada mesh trousers in Germany next week.
Stevied

Post by Stevied »

got some Rev it Tornado ladies vented trousers for sale if interested. will check size later but shouldn't be far off. black with waterproof liner that comes out. pm me if interested.

Return to “CLOTHING”