ear plugs-doyou or dont you

The essential art of farkling.
Tramp

ear plugs-doyou or dont you

Post by Tramp »

Hi guys....

who uses ear plugs and what type...?

Changed to a lower screen so getting more buffetting but better for the ruff stuff:lol: ...but the wind is a real pain in the ears..so to speach.

Have a nolan flip front helmet and yes I`m sort of happy with it so now helmet change for me...but having never used ear plugs before I`m looking for some cheap easy to use ear defenders as on long runs the constant noise cant be good for me ears..

Also do you all favour the ones you shape with your fingers or pre shaped type.

cheers all in advance..
sooty

Re: ear plugs-doyou or dont you

Post by sooty »

Hi

Both me and SWMBO use the moulded earplugs and have done for about 6-7 years. They do make a difference, if, you spend a lot of time on the bike.
The comms system isn't greatly affected by them either.
Haven't suffered tinnitus on tours for a very very long time.
Hope this helps :)
garyr

Post by garyr »

I use disposable laser lite earplugs. Just throw them in the bin when you are finished for the day. Cheap too, get them from my work :whistle:
who dares, bins
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Never used em for 25 years.... then tried em about 10 years ago.
Hated them and not used any since.
herman

Post by herman »

Absolutely hate wearing them personally,just can't get on with them despite the obvious benefits. But I also hate comm systems and headphones,I prefer to be in my own happy little world.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Doggo

Post by Doggo »

A few months after first starting to ride (Used the bike for everything) started getting tinnitus (Most odd, low frequency and just sounded like there was a factory somewhere over the horizon. Took me ages to realise there wasn't!). Worn 'em ever since and it disappeared. Knackered hearing is not fun.

I use disposable ones. "Ride" magazine did a test once which you may wish to see in .pdf format.....

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/Ride/Product-Tests/

If you get ones that don't go far enough into your ear they kind of reverberate from the outside of the helmet - not nice.

Don't buy the "Dr Bike" ones they sell in J&S, they're crap.

I quite like the "Moldex" ones - seem to expand well and seal the ears - but not sure if they sell 'em in bulk.

I'd try a few and see what suits you.

Oh, and I'm told there's some nasty bugs you can pick up if you re-use dirty ones for too long/too many times. :sick:
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

When a man is tired of motorcycling, he is tired of life
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Do.
It was a revelation when I first tried them.

My preferred make: EAR FX Soft

rob
I've no idea how to add a signature.
hornet

Post by hornet »

Max lite orange ones on the blue stringy thing so I dont loose one or both each time i have to take them out(think child with mittens on string in a duffle coat yup thats me)

My bike a mille its a twin and honestly the plugs remove all wind noise but i can feel/hear the pitch of the engine. when im in a very small tuck cruising position at 90-100 its almost silent.

unfortunatly thats when the ying tong song starts

I find its very fatiguing without plugs however on the trail I dont wear any as it doesnt feel right

hornet
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

I always do. I find it strangely offputting if I haven,t got them in. I use Laserlite "rhubarb & custard" freebies from work.
leo-david

Post by leo-david »

I always wear them, notice straight away if not got them in. Disposable foam ones fine but also use SkullCandy Ink'd head phones(only about 15 quid off ebay)which I find just as quiet as the plugs with the tunes off.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”