Brittany ferry cabin share/discount?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Trying to find a return crossing to N Spain before the end of June anyone else going with a booking and cabin to share? or help with a price reduction somehow Not traveled this time of year before seems very popular and expensive. Crossed many times before in September time rarely had a problem with availability usually sharing a cabin with other solo's, brittany told me on the phone they have reduced this availability, making it very expensive for a solo(cabin). Anybody able to shed any light on this.
Perhaps we could start a little Cabin share thread, would there be interest?
Thanks Paul.
diver1

Re: Brittany ferry cabin share/discount?

Post by diver1 »

Booked for mid September....1 Bike + 1 cabin (sole use) = £496

If you check the price for 2 people + 2 Bikes then the price saving is only about £75 total.

Can't understand where they get their pricing from.

Always wanted to 'do the Pico's so decided to 'bite the bullit' as it were.

Regards,
John
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

going that way way next month but vanning over through the tunnel, that a lot of money to be sat on the boat and spending in the bar etc

steve
camy

Post by camy »

Hi Fullerton if you use the euro tunnel try the day return tickets. Just use it one way but works out cheaper than 2 singles
IJnoGSer

Post by IJnoGSer »

Yep a few years back you could call them and get a shared cabin (with strangers) which meant a return could be achieved for about 250-300!
But not any more. I used LD lines last year but guess what, they stopped that route.
Sorry but all you can do is find other travellers yourself, suck it up or go via France. For me the time and tyre-ware rules out France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

ye bit the bullet and paid up I asked about the reduced sharing option reply was that it was for commercial reasons. surely more passengers more bar/resteraunt spenders etc

Return to “TRAVEL”