HISS Catalonia 2015

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
SteveR

Re: Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by SteveR »

mikeyboy wrote:Hi chaps, quick question ,
I might treat myself to a new sleeping bag,what sort of minimum night time temp would you expect in September?
Thanks in advance
Mike
Warm. 2 season will be OK. Good mat or airbed is a must after long days in the saddle and evenings in the bar...
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

MR X wrote:You will not need one if you have a drink with the rest of them :laugh: :laugh:

But last year you needed a boat on one of the nights , or a van to hide in (thumbs)
Last night.... I slept in the BBQ hut when Simon's loan tent stated to impersonate a sieve.....! When it rained in the night, Jeez did it rain! I had to empty all my gear at midnight. Al kindly offered me a can of beer and a bed . I accepted the beer but felt the barbie looks more inviting :whistle:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Dutchgit wrote:In general, you can do without a skidplate. But it's there (or not) if you need it. I like to prepare for bad conditions so I won't have to turn around. You might be doing yourself a favour bringing a lighter bike though.

Ta, Ard
I did the Aragon HISS last week on the Vara and had no issues other than the bloody wind, however 125kg less has a huge appeal and I will be riding light again this September in Catalonia as I like a challenge but I draw the line at marbles on the lardy old fat girl...!!!
Redmurty

Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Redmurty »

This is a bike forum steve.....

I draw the line at marbles on the lardy old fat girl...!!!

think this was meant for another forum :whistle:

you farmers hey :kiss:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Matje

Post by Matje »

Hello,

My name is Matje.
I am considering to join the HISS Catalonia.
Already had some contact with Jos (Bokito) and Simon.
I need to arrange some things for that period, and can probably only decide in mid juli.
Too busy now, especially with the preparations for a trip of 2 weeks to Romania (leaving end of this week).
Hope that there will still be room on the list by then.
I will follow this topic.

Matje
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Matje wrote:Hello,

My name is Matje.
I am considering to join the HISS Catalonia.
Already had some contact with Jos (Bokito) and Simon.
I need to arrange some things for that period, and can probably only decide in mid juli.
Too busy now, especially with the preparations for a trip of 2 weeks to Romania (leaving end of this week).
Hope that there will still be room on the list by then.
I will follow this topic.

Matje
Hi Matje and welcome to the ABR forum.

I've added you to the list so just let me know either way whenever you can.

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Redmurty wrote:This is a bike forum steve.....

I draw the line at marbles on the lardy old fat girl...!!!

think this was meant for another forum :whistle:

you farmers hey :kiss:
Shhhhhhh!
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Travel and recovery insurance

Hi guys, this may have been brought up before but thought it was worth a heads up.

I've just recently returned from the Aragon HISS, which was fantastic, but I was punted off my bike by a deer resulting in a broken ankle and broken footrest. Fortunately my travel ins and breakdown/recovery ins repatriated us both home. I would have been in deep s**t without either so make sure you have it and you know who to ring etc.
To get me home my travel ins had to arrange 4 taxis, a trip to the hospital, a hotel, a flight with three seats so my leg could be up and special assistance at both airports. The bike was brought right to my house.

Hope you all have a great trip.
Paul C

HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Paul C »

Bart1 wrote:Travel and recovery insurance

Hi guys, this may have been brought up before but thought it was worth a heads up.

I've just recently returned from the Aragon HISS, which was fantastic, but I was punted off my bike by a deer resulting in a broken ankle and broken footrest. Fortunately my travel ins and breakdown/recovery ins repatriated us both home. I would have been in deep s**t without either so make sure you have it and you know who to ring etc.
To get me home my travel ins had to arrange 4 taxis, a trip to the hospital, a hotel, a flight with three seats so my leg could be up and special assistance at both airports. The bike was brought right to my house.

Hope you all have a great trip.
May I ask who you used?

- Outsider (via Tapatalk)
...I just want to ride!
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Yes, you are the first person to ask.

Travel ins was with Endsleigh who are a broker, and they also do a specific "off road touring" policy as well, but the important bit is the underwriter who was Axxa, very big apparently.

Bike ins was Carolenash and their underwriter was also Axxa. Looking at reviews for Carolenash recovery they were poor until a couple of years ago when they went with Axxa.

I am sure there are other good companies out there and not so good. A couple of years ago a mate totaled his VFR in Italy, he could just about walk but we had to do it all ourselves but were fortunate in finding a local travel agent who booked the flight and a very long taxi ride. I rode back solo and a bit slower

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”