NamBusters II - our tour of North East VietNam

Where you've been and what you done
firestorm996

NamBusters II - our tour of North East VietNam

Post by firestorm996 »

Just wanted to post up a link to the trip blog we did during our recent tour of North Vietnam.

I'm still sorting days 4-7 out but feel free to check it out. Direct links to the 'sorted' day reports below.

First day in Hanoi

Day 1 - Hanoi to Ba Be Lake

Day 2 - Ba Be to Quang Uyen

Day 3 - Quang Uyen to Ban Gioc Waterfall then Cao Bang
jackdaw

Re: NamBusters II - our tour of North East VietNam

Post by jackdaw »

This is great stuff. Cheers
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

Looks like you've had a great time. Thanks for taking the time to post it up
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Sorry for not updating the thread here in a while. All the days ride reports are now up on the blog, along with a short video I did showing some of the footage from day 1. More video to follow.

Nambusters Blog

Video - Part 1
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be working out there for a fortnight later this year and if I am I'm going to stay a few days extra but doubt if I'll be hiring a bike.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

AndyB wrote:I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be working out there for a fortnight later this year and if I am I'm going to stay a few days extra but doubt if I'll be hiring a bike.
If that were me, I'd stay on for a week and do a bike tour!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

firestorm996 wrote:
AndyB wrote:I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be working out there for a fortnight later this year and if I am I'm going to stay a few days extra but doubt if I'll be hiring a bike.
I don't wear crash helmets that aren't my own and I can't really take one with me so I'm in a bit of a corner on that one.
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

AndyB wrote:
firestorm996 wrote:
I don't wear crash helmets that aren't my own and I can't really take one with me so I'm in a bit of a corner on that one.
Buy a cheapie out there?

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Willandkate wrote:
AndyB wrote:
firestorm996 wrote:
Buy a cheapie out there?
That's an option. I'm quite happy to ride around in jeans and a light jacket but I don't trust crash helmets with unknown history. Weird aren't I?

If everything works out as provisionally planned I've got 5 trips to different areas of China and 1 to Vietnam this year so might get a few days in each area to see what's going on.
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

AndyB wrote:
Willandkate wrote:
AndyB wrote:
firestorm996 wrote:
Buy a cheapie out there?
Appreciate your concern, only got one head and all that... You get around, China, Vietnam and Dungeness! Good on ya

That's an option. I'm quite happy to ride around in jeans and a light jacket but I don't trust crash helmets with unknown history. Weird aren't I?

If everything works out as provisionally planned I've got 5 trips to different areas of China and 1 to Vietnam this year so might get a few days in each area to see what's going on.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”