HISS Catalonia 2015

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Archie

Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Archie »

Sorry Simon I won't be there for Arragon but will definitely be there for Catalonia. Thinking on you probably need to send me your new bank details as mentioned in email a few weeks ago.

Jos, your catching on with double dutch..!! The dangerous one is Mickdb1 otherwise known as the Dangerous One. Schssssss you know who!

Hope all goes well for Arragon Simon and you all have a great time of it.
Don't go where the path leads, 'Go where there is no path..! and leave a trail for others to follow'
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Archie wrote:Sorry Simon I won't be there for Arragon but will definitely be there for Catalonia. Thinking on you probably need to send me your new bank details as mentioned in email a few weeks ago.

Jos, your catching on with double dutch..!! The dangerous one is Mickdb1 otherwise known as the Dangerous One. Schssssss you know who!

Hope all goes well for Arragon Simon and you all have a great time of it.
Thanks Archie - it's looking good already :)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Paul C

HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Paul C »

I've got this niggle in my head that says I should get a better skid plate before September as the stock one isn't brilliant (08 GSA). Can Simon, or anyone that's been before, share any thoughts on if this would be wise or if I'm worrying over nothing (they're not cheap). Can I expect rock steps or fallen trees?

TIA!

- Outsider (via Tapatalk)
...I just want to ride!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Paul C wrote:I've got this niggle in my head that says I should get a better skid plate before September as the stock one isn't brilliant (08 GSA). Can Simon, or anyone that's been before, share any thoughts on if this would be wise or if I'm worrying over nothing (they're not cheap). Can I expect rock steps or fallen trees?

TIA!

Rock steps, some, loose boulders and stones, lots :)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

In general, you can do without a skidplate. But it's there (or not) if you need it. I like to prepare for bad conditions so I won't have to turn around. You might be doing yourself a favour bringing a lighter bike though.

Ta, Ard
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

There was one last year with a Yam 1200 and he did fine on most of the stuff. He's bringing a lighter bike this year though.
Mind you, there really is plenty to ride out there, be it on tarmac or off and it's all GOOD !!! (thumbs) :woohoo: B)
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
Paul C

HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Paul C »

Dutchgit wrote:...You might be doing yourself a favour bringing a lighter bike though.

Ta, Ard
Another bike isn't an option for many reasons and it seems I do like to make life difficult for myself. I don't want it to be too easy now ;-)
...I just want to ride!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Paul C wrote:I'm not a complete novice when it comes to off road but the GSA in no mountain goat!

Don't worry too much Paul, I went up there on Saturday in the company of a GS1150 and a Veradero!

I pasked up after 180 kms knackered while my mates did the full 350 kms - 07.30 - 23.30!

Oh those Spanish, no wonder tey keep winning everything (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

Paul C

HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Paul C »

I'm not a complete novice when it comes to off road but the GSA in no mountain goat!

...I just want to ride!
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Paul C wrote:Thanks Simon. Sounds like it should be fine. If it's a "road" of any description it should be passable for me. If there's 18" steps I hope everyone's feeling strong ;-)

only embarrassing when the cars g past you :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”