What's the best fuel conditioner/stabiliser

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
-Ralph-

Re: What's the best fuel conditioner/stabiliser

Post by -Ralph- »

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Emf#53 wrote:http://www.aspenfuel.co.uk/products/env ... te-petrol/

I use the 2 stroke version in my chainsaw as it only get used for 3 or 4 months over winter. It's expensive but if you use your bikes for a month or so then run it on normal pump petrol and then put some if this in just before you stop using it for a few months.
I'd be worried about it burning too hot if I put that stuff through my bike. I use it in my MSR petrol stove and it definitely burns hotter than normal unleaded though I don't suppose a minute or so in a bike engine would do any real harm.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Seafoam--US product thats available on line in the UK. Will sort out lots of carbs if injected into the fuel line and left to soak in the float bowl. Also a good fuel additive. Also a bit swallowed by the engine will sort out gummed up rings--worked on my 89 CBR 600 which had real carb problems when I bought it as a non runner (left virtually standing for about 20 years!)

My mate in Colorado swears by it and he lives at altitude next to a ski resort--and there they definitely have ethanol in the fuel!!.
threepot

Post by threepot »

andymac wrote:I put fuel diamonds in all my bikes,,,,small lead squares. They last for 5 yrs (thumbs)
Just checked they are still listed on ebay. £7.50.
like www.fuelcat.co.uk. ? Anyone tried these?
engine1.jpg
engine1.jpg (12.1 KiB) Viewed 586 times
andymac

Post by andymac »

yep,,i use these, (thumbs)
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!

Return to “TECHNICAL”