is Morocco safe to ride now???

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
-Ralph-

Re: is Morocco safe to ride now???

Post by -Ralph- »

Tim Cullis wrote:so both the proxy and the IP address of Robson and wild were identical
Since you could see both, he must have been using a transparent proxy, not anonymous or elite, so it wouldn't have hidden who he was whether he'd used a proxy or not.

Proxys do get used for genuine reasons mind you, I use them to watch TV from all around the world, which wouldn't work if I came from a UK IP address.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

The double ID rule is pretty universal as there is no need to have one except to cause mischief.

It is also included in the ABR forum rules at the top of the page here.

As for Tim Cullis: I have always found him affable, mild mannered and extremely helpful, especially when discussing his favourite topic, Morocco. I would have to say, IMHO, it would take a lot to get him riled.
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

When I first started reading this thread I thought "why are they giving this guy such a hard time" Now I understand, guess I'm not message board wise.
Myhers

Post by Myhers »

I've checked out the home office web site, probably you have too. generally Morocco is ok, Myself and 5 others are departing 16th April for a 30 day wild camping tour of Morocco. travelling far down to LAAYOUNE.
We are doing a 2/3 day crossing of the Old Dakar Rally stage south of ERG CHEBBI, we will be in Morocco/Western Sahara for about 18 days out of the planned 30. I'll be riding the ST1100 !!!!!!! not the perfect bike for the job, also a CB500, Africa twin, Yamaha XT and a GS1200.
The Guy who's put it together is trying to promote "like AUSTIN VINCE " that you can do an adventure on any bike and basic Kit.
I'm really looking forward to it, providing we keep away from the ALGERIA boarder it should be safe enough.

Enjoy the experience -
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Putting aside the usual stuff from the usual people on this thread...from what I have read and I understand Morocco is safe..for now.

Time will tell if it remains safe..when IS get kicked out of Syria and Iraq they will go into the desert and then pop up in the tourist hot spots of North Africa.

So for now I would go but in a few years it might be different.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Bondy......for once I actually agree with you :cheer: B)

bond_yzf wrote:Well said spud

When I asked for advice on morocco a while back I found Mr Cullis to be rude and down right arrogant, he may well be the fountain of knowledge on morocco but certainly not a person I will be going to for advice.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Bonniebird wrote:Bondy......for once I actually agree with you :cheer: B)

bond_yzf wrote:Well said spud

When I asked for advice on morocco a while back I found Mr Cullis to be rude and down right arrogant, he may well be the fountain of knowledge on morocco but certainly not a person I will be going to for advice.

you don't want to be doing that :laugh:
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Mike101 wrote:when IS get kicked out of Syria and Iraq they will go into the desert and then pop up in the tourist hot spots of North Africa.

That's pretty unlikely. The Military in Morocco is pretty hot all the way down the Algerian border, there is no messing about like there is here. When they find smugglers or others up to no good they just shoot them. Last year we got held up in the desert when exactly that was going on. We sat about with some soldiers and drank coffee until the guys at the sharp end had "cleared up". They also have some pretty amazing tech all the way down the border, they can see anything that moves day or night, at whatever distance. It may be Africa, but it's not third world in terms of security.

The country lives on tourism, it would die without it hence the King is red hot on security.

There remain some mined areas (not many) but they are very well marked with large piles of stones to denote the correct track. There is nothing to worry about and they are not in normal offroad tourist areas.

We need to keep going to Morocco, once we get affected by the media and stop going they will have problems, and that's when the likes of IS could get a foothold.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

WELL IS IT :P
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

A ban on a separate forum is exactly that this user has done nothing wrong so far on this forum and will be treated that way. My view is Tim is trolling here by following this user and campaigning for him to be banned. Let the mods and admin do there job, if you see him do something wrong by all means report it but until then let him post without unfounded animosity.

Return to “TRAVEL”