KTM 990 ADV tank gaurds

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
ROCKOZ

KTM 990 ADV tank gaurds

Post by ROCKOZ »

As above. I'm sick of fighting with the crash bars on my 950 so want some of the 990 plastic gaurds..my thoughts are layer the, in Carbon Kevlar and hope for the best?
Anyone have some for sale??

Ollie
~ACP~

Re: KTM 990 ADV tank gaurds

Post by ~ACP~ »

I effed off the crash bars too. PITA if you ask me...

I have some carbon ones fitted but not for sale I'm afraid.

The 990 plastics are about £10 a side and easily modified to fit the 950.
Rade Garage did my carbon ones. I recall them being about £100. They're not on his website but I'm sure he'd make you some up.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I'm up for this as well.

My bars have had a knock or two and are a pain to refit. My 950 won't really be going off-road much so I don't need hard-core protection.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

Thanks I'll email them
ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

I've emailed and they're happy to make some if I can get 3 of us together... I'll make a new thread
Frog

Post by Frog »

I think I'd be up for a set, as long as the price is'nt too daft, I've got one of his RR screen/light kits on order atm.
ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

They're €109 plus postage. Just waiting on information on fixing them to the tanks so I can give all the info in the new thread.
Maybe ACP can enlighten us?
~ACP~

KTM 990 ADV tank gaurds

Post by ~ACP~ »

Nothing complex. They screw in under the fairing at the top and at the bottom use the plastic bumper that's already there to hold in place. Slightly longer bolts make it easier.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

~ACP~ wrote:Nothing complex. They screw in under the fairing at the top and at the bottom use the plastic bumper that's already there to hold in place. Slightly longer bolts make it easier.
How much protection do they offer, and for those that off road a bit is it a worthwhile swap from bars to these guards.. (thumbs)
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

From what I understand I see that they offer good protection in a road slide but not sure against rocks etc.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”