New Tom-tom Rider announced (not before time)

Stubbsie

Re: New Tom-tom Rider announced (not before time)

Post by Stubbsie »

Be interesting to see the price !

Got a Rider 2 just downloaded the updates 2 days ago, but might use my Garmin Nuvi 66 for a try.

As for a sun screen made one out of Gorilla Tape for the TomTom does the job.

It took about an hour to make, proper Blue Peter job, sticky backed plastic AND sharp scissors !
Stuart123456789

Post by Stuart123456789 »

I won't be going anywhere near one, in my experience the Tom Tom software is easy to use but the hard ware is totally crap and breaks down for fun, having waited three months for my rider to be repaired I was once told by Tom Tom, "we've obviously lost the unit but not in this country so theres nothing we can do" I ended up copying correspondence to the Tom Tom directors in the Netherlands before they sorted it, three new units four cradles and three scala head sets all under warranty, replacements don't make up for the hassle nor does being told " in a case like this we would normally give you a free upgrade but we don't have a better model", it broke down a couple of weeks out of warranty and got thrown away, the 1st problem took so long to sort that they re-asigned the case to a different case number so it didn't look like it had been going on as long.
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

The same could be said for Garmin, my montana 650 had to be replaced 4 times in 6 month before i got one that worked properly, i also have a TT v2 but prefer to use the montana. The only thing beta on the TT is the windy road option but i could never get the TT to stick to the same route i had planned on my Pc, it always changed it in some way.

Does the new TT support other maps like topo's and os maps?

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”