Tuesday 30th December - Playing on the plain

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Agent Orange

Re: Tuesday 30th December - Playing on the plain

Post by Agent Orange »

~ACP~ wrote: not that they're any good anyway.
Cheers for that Andy, my head now hurts as my eyes were wobbling all over the shop :P
Looks like you had a good laugh (thumbs)
Me, I was sat in my sisters house eating yet another Christmas dinner. Was thinking about pitching up but a 2 hour ride there and two back and having TO BE there, by pain of ear bleeding and the usual, we came to yours etc Plus it was real icey and slippery put me off a tad, lightweight I know, but at least I'm now full of Turkey again lol
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Great fun--just got back to peterborough. I left countess services and then had to ride back to Stockbridge--about 20 miles in the dusk/dark (crap LED bulb!)--it started to get really cold again !--stayed with my cousin overnight and drove back in the van today--still snow on the ground up here!

Well done on the leading--sort of fun getting lost and those on the big bikes did really well--frozen on top and slippery as Snot!
Butch

Post by Butch »

A great day yesterday, thanks for organising.

It was my first off road experience on a bigger bike, when we got to Westbury I was thinking this adventure bike riding is dead easy. How wrong was I, the return home was colder, frostier, slipperier, muddier and hillier and I was just following the others but I was sure they weren't quite sure of the way home as it was getting darker and colder. They tell me a lane was fenced of ;) which caused the slight confusion.

I've never ridden with a bright sun setting right at me on a very frosty track/field not being able to see 2 foot in front of me. Still I didn't crash and can't wait until the next time.

Nice to meet you guys and I was well impressed with the how you ride those big bikes through the ice and mud. Hope Shrek's bike didn't suffer too much.
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

Agent Orange wrote:
~ACP~ wrote: not that they're any good anyway.
Cheers for that Andy, my head now hurts as my eyes were wobbling all over the shop :P
Looks like you had a good laugh (thumbs)
Me, I was sat in my sisters house eating yet another Christmas dinner. Was thinking about pitching up but a 2 hour ride there and two back and having TO BE there, by pain of ear bleeding and the usual, we came to yours etc Plus it was real icey and slippery put me off a tad, lightweight I know, but at least I'm now full of Turkey again lol
You could have come down in Silverfox's van, plenty of room & great heater. If you'd come it would have been renamed "Apres Christmas KTM Ice Smashing Ride Out", 50% KTM 50% non KTM turn out. It was good fun but they got no hills, I know I fell off going up a slight gradient!
Adventure before Dementia
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Cheers Stu, but would of had to leave by noon to be there BY 1400. Doing the Taffy Dakar, I'm doing it, gonna have a team (well a couple of blokes, if you call that a team :whistle: )

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”