Iceland V-Strom Hire

Where you've been and what you done
k44rll

Iceland V-Strom Hire

Post by k44rll »

In an attempt to avoid the Royal wedding here in the UK i flew out to Iceland with some friends for a combination of 4x4 off roading and the hire of a Suzuki V-Strom

The company i used was http://www.bikingviking.is/ and altho my rental was not until the Sunday morning the owner Eythor kindly let me have the bike on the Saturday evening so as not to take up any of my time on the Sunday

The Strom was a K7 650 ABS model and altho showing a few battle scars on the crash bars and handguards etc appeared to be very well maintained with two new Avon Distanzia tyres, new chain and obviously a recent oil change looking at the new filter, it was even fitted with a Ram ball mount on the bars and a 12V power outlet so i could fit/power my Garmin GPS

Leaving Biking Viking on the 5km journey back to my hotel it suddenly dawned on me that the light rain was getting thicker and starting to stick...

No worries i'm sure it will have cleared by the morning.......i hope!

As you can see the snow was a little thicker next morning but the roads appeared clear so off i went to explore, hope you enjoy the photo's ...

Karl
Ted99uk

Re: Iceland V-Strom Hire

Post by Ted99uk »

Thanks for that Info, I will get in touch with them.
I hope I get better weather than you did.
Ted.
Sopwith Camel

Post by Sopwith Camel »

Great pic's, just a light dusting of snow!
I used to have the 1000 Strom, great bike.

Thanks for sharing :)
tomekc

Post by tomekc »

Ooops........... wheataher quite dificult out there! Hope to get better before You finish the journey - keep warm mate!
Mine Ex:

xs400, xt600, m72, tiger 855i, deauville, klv1000
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

That looks awesome k44rll, ive always wanted to do Iceland but the prices have put me off,
after looking at your trip it has inspired me again. :)
Real men ride twins ;-)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”