Bikes and Cars..

Bikers and riding
dave j

Re: Bikes and Cars..

Post by dave j »

Skoda superb estate - brilliant.

Mrs J - VW T5 Kombi - dogs, bikes etc. love it.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
yamahafjr1300!

Post by yamahafjr1300! »

I don't have a car, but wife has 57 plate Picasso for taking the kids to school, named it the QE2 because its like steering a ship! I wouldn't touch owning a car myself, because of all the city congestion.
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

My wife's a wheelchair user, so her car is a Renault Clio Sports Tourer GT-Line TomTom Automatic like this one with a tiny crane in the boot to lift the chair in and out. Luckily it doesn't say all that on the back or it'd need a bigger boot.

[center]Image[/center]

She picked it because it was the smallest car with the biggest boot available via the Motability lease scheme. We live in London so the poor thing has to live with traffic all the time, the other day I was scrolling through the trip computer and hit average speed - 12.6mph. Mind you then I hit average fuel consumption and that was 17mpg!

It's due for replacement in February and she needs a bigger powerchair, which will need a bigger crane so of course a bigger boot, so it looks like MPV-land for us. Currently on the radar, Citroën C4 Picasso Grande, Renault Grand Scenic etc. All worthy but dullsville unless we can find something fun, available, with space for 120kgs worth of chair.

Still the good thing is a bigger crane will mean I can pick up the whole of my motorbike to change the tyres not just the front or back like I've done in the past.

Oh and from March we'll also be driving one of these (well, similar).

[center]Image[/center]
Happiness has 125cc ...

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”